English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well played, England. Terrible first half, but in the second, we were the better team. Were it not for those two awful errors, we'd be celebrating a victory in Holland tonight. I'm not saying there isn't work still to be done, but let's just say we're a damn sight further along the line than Scotland!

Norway 4 - 0 Scotland!

Now, that's a funny result. :rtfl

Oh and my mate picked up ?30 on the result of tonight's game as well.

Also, I'd like to say well played to Niklas Bendtner for offering to refund the money of any Arsenal fans who bought his shirt with the old squad number on it (SSN).

Sorry guys but I'm lazy.

Whens the new season startin'?

Nothing on my cable tv yet advertising it. But doesn't the season begin soon?

Sorry guys but I'm lazy.

Whens the new season startin'?

Nothing on my cable tv yet advertising it. But doesn't the season begin soon?
The season has already begun, started last Saturday with the Championship, League One and League Two.

This Saturday is the start of the Premier League.

Uh, I meant the real league, Lee.

I don't really bother to watch the pathetic Norwich City tackling other lowly clubs. :p

Ok, thanks for the info. I'll check my TV for what 4 matches they're playing.

Uh, I meant the real league, Lee.

I don't really bother to watch the pathetic Norwich City tackling other lowly clubs. :p

Ok, thanks for the info. I'll check my TV for what 4 matches they're playing.
The Championship is going to be twice as exciting as the Premier League this year.

The Championship is going to be twice as exciting as the Premier League this year.

There are always good matches in both the Championship and the Premiership. It'll be fun to see how Newcastle do. There was a bet on offer: Put ?2 on, get ?60 back if Man Utd, Newcastle and Celtic all win their leagues, but of course it expired at 3pm on Wednesday, before I found it. Oh well.

Lee doesn't even care about the championship so he's not biased as well. His focus will be on league 2 this year, just to keep an eye on what sort of opposition Norwich will have next year.

Australia look good. We played Netherlands late last year and beat them 2-1. Now we played Ireland with an experimental side and beat them 3-0.

Australia look good. We played Netherlands late last year and beat them 2-1. Now we played Ireland with an experimental side and beat them 3-0.

Wrong thread :p But yes, how epic was that. Jedinak and Wilkshire were so good. North and Carney were pretty good too against the likes of Duff, Keane, Doyle and St Ledger putting in a few shots. McDonald looked good as well.

Matchday saturday: 12 straight hours of football. 4:30pm to 5:30pm is "Matchday Saturday" which previews it all, then the 2 A-League games before the EPL kicks off. Pretty good.

Ireland didn't really have that many good attacks. They hardly got themselves into good positions(like you said in the other thread).

Trap?s Thomond thumping | Irish Examiner
But, even without big name players like Cahill and Celtic’s Scott McDonald, Australia’s admirably slick passing was continuing to find players in threatening positions.
But, in truth such modest highlights were few and far between for Ireland, and Shay Given was the busier of the two ‘keepers, first getting down smartly to save a Harry Kewell free-kick and then doing even better to keep out a header by Patrick Kisnorbo.

I was watching You're On Sky Sports last night, and they mentioned City and some bloke was questioning these so called World Class players they've brought, so I was curious and checked out their squad, and I tell ya what, if they don't even challenge the Top 4 this season, then Hughes better pack his bags. The XI they could pick, could be:

--------------------------------------------Given---------------------------------------------
---------Richards--------------Dunne---------Toure-----------------Bridge------------
------------------Wright-Phillips----------Barry----------Ireland-------------------------
------------------------------------------Robinho--------------------------------------------
------------------------------Tevez-------Adebayor/Santa Cruz---------------------------

That is one heck of a side, would be awesome on FM08. I reckon they might have a shout at breaking into the Top 4, would be a massive underachievement if they don't I feel. Even the Citeh haters have to admit that's a bloody solid XI. Only problem could be a lack of midfield back-up, what with Johnson, Petrov, Kompany and De Jong the only real back-ups. A few injuries to key players and they'd be pretty screwed. If the majority of that XI stays fit for most of the season though, you'd have to say they'd be a good shout to break into the Top 4.

I was watching You're On Sky Sports last night, and they mentioned City and some bloke was questioning these so called World Class players they've brought, so I was curious and checked out their squad, and I tell ya what, if they don't even challenge the Top 4 this season, then Hughes better pack his bags. The XI they could pick, could be:

--------------------------------------------Given---------------------------------------------
---------Richards--------------Dunne---------Toure-----------------Bridge------------
------------------Wright-Phillips----------Barry----------Ireland-------------------------
------------------------------------------Robinho--------------------------------------------
------------------------------Tevez-------Adebayor/Santa Cruz---------------------------

That is one heck of a side, would be awesome on FM08. I reckon they might have a shout at breaking into the Top 4, would be a massive underachievement if they don't I feel. Even the Citeh haters have to admit that's a bloody solid XI. Only problem could be a lack of midfield back-up, what with Johnson, Petrov, Kompany and De Jong the only real back-ups. A few injuries to key players and they'd be pretty screwed. If the majority of that XI stays fit for most of the season though, you'd have to say they'd be a good shout to break into the Top 4.
That's not a top 4 side. Easily top 6, but it won't break into the top 4. Getting Lescott in for Dunne would strengthen it no end, but the midfield is weak. They need another star in the middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread