English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard that the Ireland keeper hasn't had a clean sheet for over 7 matches. That's pretty poor.

Cahill is in great form going into the season. Managed to score 2 goals and still get rest for over a half.

Agree actually. They could do with another solid midfielder to replace SWP. Barry and Ireland have proven themselves to be good enough of late, so getting a world class midfielder in would really boost things. Are there any rumours as to guys they've got in mind?

Given had 3 goals scored against him last night....

Sorry, still thrilled about the result. :D

Fail.

He had 2 goals against him. They subbed him off later in the match for a youth keeper who conceded the last goal.

Feelin Blue? added 0 Minutes and 59 Seconds later...

I heard that the Ireland keeper hasn't had a clean sheet for over 7 matches. That's pretty poor.

Cahill is in great form going into the season. Managed to score 2 goals and still get rest for over a half.

The first goal was gun. Precision at its best. He's in top form and has been for Australia in the last few games.

Any side which has Dunne and Richards in it's first choice back four is not going to get into the top 4. End of.

I was watching You're On Sky Sports last night, and they mentioned City and some bloke was questioning these so called World Class players they've brought, so I was curious and checked out their squad, and I tell ya what, if they don't even challenge the Top 4 this season, then Hughes better pack his bags. The XI they could pick, could be:

--------------------------------------------Given---------------------------------------------
---------Richards--------------Dunne---------Toure-----------------Bridge------------
------------------Wright-Phillips----------Barry----------Ireland-------------------------
------------------------------------------Robinho--------------------------------------------
------------------------------Tevez-------Adebayor/Santa Cruz---------------------------

That is one heck of a side, would be awesome on FM08. I reckon they might have a shout at breaking into the Top 4, would be a massive underachievement if they don't I feel. Even the Citeh haters have to admit that's a bloody solid XI. Only problem could be a lack of midfield back-up, what with Johnson, Petrov, Kompany and De Jong the only real back-ups. A few injuries to key players and they'd be pretty screwed. If the majority of that XI stays fit for most of the season though, you'd have to say they'd be a good shout to break into the Top 4.

Well, Santa Cruz is going to be knackered for a while! :laugh

Besides, I hope Hughes does get sacked. I don't want to see him managing them any longer than necessary! I remember when he was banging in those beautiful volleys for Utd... :(

City have a shocking defence. Dunne is well past it and a liability. Richards is horrible defensively and Bridge isn't world class. Toure is easily the best there but even he had a poor season.

Their midfield is also weak. Just as Arsenal won't win the league with our weak midfield, City won't break the top 6 with theirs. I'm predicting an 8th place finish for them. I can see Tevez and Adebayor working well though if Adebayor sees fit to run every now and again.

If they play 4-3-3, they will get over-run completely. Get it past their attackers and you have free-reign. Robinho and Adebayor are hardly gonna track back, are they?

They probably only have a chance if they finish above Arsenal. Can't see them finishing ahead of any of the other 3

Yay, glad I got cable tv in my room now.

Got Arsehols, Chelski and Man Utd games to watch this weekend - stoked!

Foxtel ftw!

I'm far more excited for the start of this season than last. Will be watching far more footy this season. Seemed to drift away from it abit last season, but I'll have no excuse this year with Sky +. Really looking forward to Everton-Arsenal on ESPN HD tommorow evening :D

I have to agree with you Dan! Somehow this season whilst not being a big footy fan I am actually really up for this season!

Even I am very eager to see the Premier League start from tomorrow. Cant wait for tomorrow's Hull v Chelsea and Everton v Arsenal gonna be great games plus Man Utd v Brum and Spurs vs Liverpool are also gonna be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread