English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think he will. Its a week to go until the season starts with 3 weeks until transfer window ends. Plus all the big guns have been snapped up

Maybe he has some 'kids' we don't know about yet...

Of course, we all know about Macheda.

Yes but getting kids is something for future not present. He is hardly going to get 19 year old and say to him you will be one of our main guy this season. That would be soo much pressure on the kid

You probably need to someone like larsson again or SOS for Beckham :p

Yes but getting kids is something for future not present. He is hardly going to get 19 year old and say to him you will be one of our main guy this season. That would be soo much pressure on the kid

You probably need to someone like larsson again or SOS for Beckham :p

Hmm...don't you remember 95/96? (Incidentally, we lost three huge players that summer - Hughes, Kanchelskis and Ince). An ex Liverpool player called Alan Hansen said 'you won't win 'owt with kids'. The kids he referred to were:

Scholes
Beckham
The Nevilles
Nicky Butt
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
Giggs (was still quite young).

Integrated into this young side were big stars like Cantona and Keane: more experienced players to lend a guiding hand.

They won the double. Three seasons later, they formed the core of the Treble winning team.

I'm not saying it'll happen again any time soon, but don't underestimate Utd's 'kids'; we have a long history of it - the team that were tragically killed off at Munich, the Busby Babes that followed them, and Fergie's Fledglings (the team I've just mentioned).

Personally, I'd love to see Beckham back. :)

Do we have an internationals thread? Anyway can someone explain to me why ITV would spend millions on buying the rights to England games and then show Catwoman instead here in Scotland?

Do we have an internationals thread? Anyway can someone explain to me why ITV would spend millions on buying the rights to England games and then show Catwoman instead here in Scotland?
ITV don't control what you see in Scotland - you have STV. STV seem determined not to show English football.

This is a preseason game. I like how all the Dutch goals were down to our mistakes but there the England goals were built totally out of footballing brilliance.

About time Milner got a game. And in 20 minutes he's already shown why he's better than Ashley Young.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread