English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lee will be pleased. Promotion hopefuls, I heard :eek:

Anyone else see Krul's performance? Sensational, especially for a debutant. It was a surprisingly good match with end-to-end football as opposed to the absolute snore-fest Boro-Sheff was.

And what the hell is with Boro's new kit? It's dreadful and looks nothing like their past ones. Reminds me of Charlton.

Woah Norwich 5-0 down after 40 minutes :laugh

Lee. Seen the score mate? :laugh To quote BBC Sport:

"Not even sure Bryan Gunn is going to make it to the end of this game, let alone the end of the season."

Norwich have scored :eek:

I'd love them to make the most spectacular comeback ever would make me laugh.

Themer added 8 Minutes and 33 Seconds later...

Oh 6-1 now, reports of people throwing their season tickets at the manager already.

Lee will be pleased. Promotion hopefuls, I heard :eek:
The only time you talk about City and it's when we are hammered! Yes, I did hear the score because I was bloody well there. :doh What a shocker. Total flash in the pan though. The only way this weekend can be any good is for the scum to lose at Coventry.

When did I say you didn't hear the score?

I'm hoping Chelsea win and win it well just to put a few doubts into the Manchester United camp plus it's the first time I've seen any English team other than Arsenal play in pre-season.

I'm hoping Chelsea win and win it well just to put a few doubts into the Manchester United camp plus it's the first time I've seen any English team other than Arsenal play in pre-season.

In the end, as far as the 90 minutes were concerned, it was level - Chelsea only won it on penalties. However, Chelsea's second goal should never have happened; in the lead up to it, Ballack 'stuck his elbow into Evra's face' - Jamie Redknapp's words, not mine. Was he sent off? No. Was a free kick given? No, the referee thought we had some kind of advantage, although we were nowhere near goal - the incident happened on the halfway line and neither was an attack being built up. So the season hasn't started yet and already we have the first nonsensical decision.

Not that fussed that we lost the penalties - the thing that mattered was the 90 minutes and if the referee, or even the linesman, were doing their jobs, we would've won 2-1. It was more of a concern how awful our penalties were!

Still, great performance by Utd; the team look really sharp and that's the main thing to take away from the game; even Berba seemed to be putting himself about more! Bring on Birmingham next Sunday.

MasterBlaster76 added 0 Minutes and 33 Seconds later...

Damn, thought this started at 3:30.

So did I...

Good game. Evra's PK won the game for Chelsea, but then his mind would not have been in the right state after what had happened in the game.

Only the community shield, but for Chelsea it ends a very good preseason, and also get the intial edge over Manure.

What doubts are you talking about William?

United lose Tevez and Ronaldo and replace them with Valencia and a supposedly hasbeen crock.

They get outplayed by Chelsea and lose 2-0/3-0. Doubts as to whether the squad is complete and ready for Brum start to surface.

Shaky start against Brum. Rafa Benitez holds a press conference to laugh at United. Liverpool go on to lose their next 13 games under the pressure of their manager's comments.

Chelsea, not used to being in a one-horse race, self-implode due to confusion as to who they 'shouldn't be worried about catching up' leaving Arsenal and City to make up the ground and fight for the title.

City gain an 8 point lead going into a game against Birmingham. They are 2-1 up and the ball breaks to Adebayor. 2-1 vs the keeper but, instead of squaring it to Robinho to tap in, he takes it on himself and stuffs up. 2 minutes later, Richard Dunne trips over and headbutts Shay Given who is knocked unconcious and the ball rolls out of his hands in the net.

Adebayor asks for ?40k for a new haircut. He has a haircut and then doesn't score again all season as City go through draw after draw.

Arsenal overtake them and win the league. Those kinds of 'doubts'.

None of that will happen now because United only lost on penalties.

United lose Tevez and Ronaldo and replace them with Valencia and a supposedly hasbeen crock.

They get outplayed by Chelsea and lose 2-0/3-0. Doubts as to whether the squad is complete and ready for Brum start to surface.

Shaky start against Brum. Rafa Benitez holds a press conference to laugh at United. Liverpool go on to lose their next 13 games under the pressure of their manager's comments.

Chelsea, not used to being in a one-horse race, self-implode due to confusion as to who they 'shouldn't be worried about catching up' leaving Arsenal and City to make up the ground and fight for the title.

City gain an 8 point lead going into a game against Birmingham. They are 2-1 up and the ball breaks to Adebayor. 2-1 vs the keeper but, instead of squaring it to Robinho to tap in, he takes it on himself and stuffs up. 2 minutes later, Richard Dunne trips over and headbutts Shay Given who is knocked unconcious and the ball rolls out of his hands in the net.

Adebayor asks for ?40k for a new haircut. He has a haircut and then doesn't score again all season as City go through draw after draw.

Arsenal overtake them and win the league. Those kinds of 'doubts'.

None of that will happen now because United only lost on penalties.

Outplayed? Did you even see the game; we were easily the best team in the first half and could've been more than 1-0 up. Granted, Chelsea were better in the second half and we were totally rubbish in the penalties, but where you got 'outplayed' from is a mystery to me. Some of our play and passing, especially in the first half, was top drawer

As for Valencia and the 'crock', they've both been excellent preseason and on another day, Owen could've had about four against Valencia; I'd be more worried if he wasn't getting chances at all. As the Sky Sports studio said at half time, 'Ronaldo who?'

MasterBlaster76 added 1 Minutes and 34 Seconds later...

Good game. Evra's PK won the game for Chelsea, but then his mind would not have been in the right state after what had happened in the game.

Only the community shield, but for Chelsea it ends a very good preseason, and also get the intial edge over Manure.

What doubts are you talking about William?

Well, Ballack certainly got an intial edge into Evra - the edge of his elbow...in the build up to Chelsea's never should've been goal. He should've been sent off for that - not sure if a sending off in the Community Shield leads to a ban in the Premiership, but he definitely should've gone for that.

Last edited:
Its liverpool's season. I can feel this one. The title is coming back to anfield!

Outplayed? Did you even see the game; we were easily the best team in the first half and could've been more than 1-0 up. Granted, Chelsea were better in the second half and we were totally rubbish in the penalties, but where you got 'outplayed' from is a mystery to me. Some of our play and passing, especially in the first half, was top drawer

As for Valencia and the 'crock', they've both been excellent preseason and on another day, Owen could've had about four against Valencia; I'd be more worried if he wasn't getting chances at all. As the Sky Sports studio said at half time, 'Ronaldo who?'

:laugh

I'm not even going to bother explaining to you what I just typed. It should be obvious.

:laugh

I'm not even going to bother explaining to you what I just typed. It should be obvious.

Umm....yep. You were referring to the Chelsea game to come - sorry, I just assumed. :o

That was a very funny write up for the rest of the season though. :) Not sure about the bit with you and City battling for the title...

MasterBlaster76 added 0 Minutes and 34 Seconds later...

Its liverpool's season. I can feel this one. The title is coming back to anfield!

As it was last year, the year before that and the year before that and the year before that.... :laugh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread