English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This might take a while to get sorted, until December. But then the window opens only in January, and I highly doubt that Chelsea are planning to do much then anyways.

Like I said this could actually be a blessing in disguise for Chelsea.

Its stupidity banning chelsea and every fan of english football should oppose it. Its just another example of platini and blatters assault on weakening the english game.

If the rumours I'm hearing about Usmanov are true, I'm gonna cry.:(

If the rumours I'm hearing about Usmanov are true, I'm gonna cry.:(
What's that? He got more shares I'm guessing?

MB76, they hadn't received a complaint on Friday, may be different now. As for the case, from what I understand, he was 15 so it is actually legal as he had no contract with Le Havre, and so chose to come to United instead. So it's legal, I don't think it's ethical though, and even as a United fan I don't think it should be allowed to happen.

Last edited:
We gave Pogba's family €5m for him to leave Le Havre and move to Utd. I expect the book will be thrown at us unless we find a loophole, or settle something with them out of court.

What's that? He got more shares I'm guessing?

MB76, they hadn't received a complaint on Friday, may be different now. As for the case, from what I understand, he was 15 so it is actually legal as he had no contract with Le Havre, and so chose to come to United instead. So it's legal, I don't think it's ethical though, and even as a United fan I don't think it should be allowed to happen.

I agree, don't get me wrong, but if it was legal, we shouldn't have anything to worry about. However:

We gave Pogba's family ?5m for him to leave Le Havre and move to Utd. I expect the book will be thrown at us unless we find a loophole, or settle something with them out of court.

Ah. That's a bit naughty, Utd...

Well it depends if they can prove there's an agreement between the club and the player's parents, and if they can prove there's been a bank transfer and the money's in Mr and Mrs Pogba's account. If not, they can't really do a lot, I wouldn't have thought.

There wasn't an agreement between Le Havre and Pogba in the first place, because he was only 15 and so according to French law there couldn't have been. That's why we should be fine.

There wasn't an agreement between Le Havre and Pogba in the first place, because he was only 15 and so according to French law there couldn't have been. That's why we should be fine.

could they use the fact that 5 million could be used to accomodate the family having to re locate from france to england?

If there wasn't a contract between Pogba and Le Havre in the first place, then that really isn't a legal issue.

So, it's all a load of fuss about nothing. Shame Le Havre aren't in the CL, we might have a chance of teaching them a lesson where it really matters - on the pitch...

It's still morally wrong though, and really isn't good for the game, I don't blame them. Imagine if you planted an apple tree or something, then just as the apples are coming right, someone from down the road came and took the apples (I'm not the best at metaphors, but you know what I mean;)). It does need to be stopped, but FIFA need to make sure that it's not just English clubs that are punished for it, cos Madrid and Barca do it too, even French clubs themselves.

Yes all clubs do it, but I think its quite obvious that the English clubs do it the most in recent times. Even in case of Chelsea-Lens, I dont think there was a contract between the player and the French side, but a pre-agreement, as a contract cannot be signed at that age.

Either the laws should be universal, or they should ban signing of players less than 16 years of age from other clubs, unless that club itself has agreed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread