English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What? So because the referee gives a decision in Utd's favour, you hate Man Utd? Okay...

No because all that minimally Arsenal deserve was draw at least.
I think first half was completely dominated by Arsenal and Penalty has changed the game along with own goal. Though I am disappointed that Arsenal could have reacted better after that own goal, rather Man U did better. But I agree with Will, if Arsenal keep this way, I can see them in top 3 on Christmas. Anyway it is nothing like traditional Man U baser, I don't care what Man U do, it just harsh on Arsenal.

vaibhav mehta added 1 Minutes and 16 Seconds later...

Well, there are always going to be a few idiots around, aren't there? Maybe all his mates hate Utd, so he feels he has to follow suit to be 'popular'... :sarcasm

'whatever'

How can people claim Arsenal were so dominant when they only managed two shots on target?

Did you not watch the match? Before the penalty, United had no shots on target.

Exactly. It was an even game in which both teams stuggled to create chances and with better defending would have finished 0-0.

Liverpool, liverpool, liverpool. *sigh*. Your not going to be able to walk the ball into the goal. Yes you may of pushed Man U very hard last season but it doesnt mean teams are going to let you pass it/walk it into the goals. Take a shot of 2 ffs.

Exactly. It was an even game in which both teams stuggled to create chances and with better defending would have finished 0-0.

I see you missed Foster's save and Diaby's miss then.

The Diaby one was after the goals as well though, when we also had chances through Nani and Berbatov. We were very lucky to win, but I don't think Arsenal can really complain about the decisions, the only one they were unlucky with was the Fletcher on Arshavin tackle and they scored from that move anyway. Well they can complain about Wenger being sent off, that was ridiculous, funny though and he seemed to make a bit of a joke out of it, credit to him for that.

As for United signing anybody now, no chance, the 60 million remaining is no doubt going towards paying back the debt.

Which team you support MAtt??

Liverpool.

If we played against Stoke last season like we did a few weeks back, we would of won the title because of our 12 point turn-around with Man U. Those wins against other top 4 clubs for the top 4 are massively important. That 6 point turn-around could hurt you in the long run.

The Diaby one was after the goals as well though, when we also had chances through Nani and Berbatov. We were very lucky to win, but I don't think Arsenal can really complain about the decisions, the only one they were unlucky with was the Fletcher on Arshavin tackle and they scored from that move anyway. Well they can complain about Wenger being sent off, that was ridiculous, funny though and he seemed to make a bit of a joke out of it, credit to him for that.

As for United signing anybody now, no chance, the 60 million remaining is no doubt going towards paying back the debt.

Bloody Glaziers!

As for Wenger, he did make a joke of it, but then he started crying about us putting in too many tackles and being too physical! It's called 'grinding out a result', or 'winning ugly', Arsene and that's why your lot won't win the title: they don't know how to win ugly. Sometimes, it's necessary if you're not playing too well...

Well one loss won't make a big difference for us.....COme on Gunners let's win all the rest!

A few years ago, you started on fire like this, then came to Old Trafford where you lost 2-0 (I think it was). After that, the skids were well and truly under your season. :)

MasterBlaster76 added 3 Minutes and 22 Seconds later...

No because all that minimally Arsenal deserve was draw at least.
I think first half was completely dominated by Arsenal and Penalty has changed the game along with own goal. Though I am disappointed that Arsenal could have reacted better after that own goal, rather Man U did better. But I agree with Will, if Arsenal keep this way, I can see them in top 3 on Christmas. Anyway it is nothing like traditional Man U baser, I don't care what Man U do, it just harsh on Arsenal.

vaibhav mehta added 1 Minutes and 16 Seconds later...

'whatever'

Typical childish response right there.

How can people claim Arsenal were so dominant when they only managed two shots on target?

Arsenal were all over us in the first half!!

MasterBlaster76 added 1 Minutes and 13 Seconds later...

Nani did well when one on one and got his crosses in more often than not but, other than that and the pass when United were on the counter, he was quiet. United played down the right flank a lot which rendered Nani completely useless. He just wasn't a threat imo which is why you didn't look like scoring until the penalty.

We should've grabbed Robben while there was a chance.

MasterBlaster76 added 0 Minutes and 41 Seconds later...

Arshavin's quality. If only Moyes would have paid the ?6million that Zenit quoted for him in January 2008...

?6m? Unlucky mate!

Please, none of this nonsense about grinding out a result, especially when referring to our game considering how you got your goals.

Please, none of this nonsense about grinding out a result, especially when referring to our game considering how you got your goals.

One of them was a (stonewall) penalty, and the other was Diaby's inability to deal with Giggs' freekick. The rest of it was grinding out a result, pure and simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread