English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
One was a penalty and one was an own goal. Pure and simple. You won't win games counting on penalties and own goals.

FA Cup final 2005.

Arsenal shots on target - 0

Arsenal win on penalties.
Still frustrates me that one.;)

Can't comment on that as I never saw it live. Had to go to my Grandparent's 50th so I listened to it on the radio where they make winning a throw in sound like a one-on-one with the keeper.

But, yeah, when you bring that up, I can't complain much lol.

I don't know why people underrate Arsenal so much!They say we have no stars...but then what are..Robin Van Persie,Cesc Fabregas and Arshavin??

The whole Eduardo situation is ridiculous. He's being overly punished for the referee not doing his job properly. The ref should have picked up on it being a dive, and booked him. But because the ref didn't pick it up, and Arsenal scored from the penalty, which had no real impact on the overall result of the game, he gets a 2 match ban. UEFA/FIFA need to decide whether diving is a yellow or red card offense, as they can't go around imposing bans on every player not booked for diving in a game.

I actually think the 2 game ban is fine, they can't just give a yellow when he has won the penalty and carried on playing in the game. It's the inconsistency that's the problem, he'd have no reason to complain if this happened to every other player that dives (which it should).

We tapped up Paul Pogba, we will probably be banned too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread