English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's still morally wrong though, and really isn't good for the game, I don't blame them. Imagine if you planted an apple tree or something, then just as the apples are coming right, someone from down the road came and took the apples (I'm not the best at metaphors, but you know what I mean;)). It does need to be stopped, but FIFA need to make sure that it's not just English clubs that are punished for it, cos Madrid and Barca do it too, even French clubs themselves.

It is morally wrong, but as you said, it's funny how Fifa makes such a song and dance when it's an English club...

Ah my eyes. ITV online is such poor quality it's just painful. Why on earth can't they show the games in Scotland? (see my numerous previous posts saying the same thing!)
Those previous posts will also record what a waste of space Emile Heskey is as a striker. You're not going to get 5 amazing chances to miss against the best teams.

Followed by unrealistic expectations and inevitable crushing disappointment. Just like the release of a cricket game...

Ah my eyes. ITV online is such poor quality it's just painful. Why on earth can't they show the games in Scotland? (see my numerous previous posts saying the same thing!)
Those previous posts will also record what a waste of space Emile Heskey is as a striker. You're not going to get 5 amazing chances to miss against the best teams.
You are watching on terrestrial?

Carlton Cole = Heskey with skill, goals and the ability to not fall over all the time.

Technically they cannot do anything until the smaller clubs actually lodge a complaint.

Utd have written to them threatening legal action, so they must be reasonably sure that they played within the rules.

Great performance tonight, I haven't seen England playing this well since Euro 96.

MasterBlaster76 added 0 Minutes and 38 Seconds later...

Bilic is right. Qualifying with two games to go and winning a big game with supreme ease is distinctly un-English.

England have developed some Capello-like steel!

Defoe simply has to start ahead of Heskey in the World Cup if he is fit. Carlton Cole should then be the back-up and then Crouch as a last resort. Robert Green could've put away a few of those chances alst night.

Good to see us dominate though. I somehow don't see Croatia making the World Cup Finals. They were awful, and I believe Ukraine would play better than that.

Heskey's still awful, but still gets picked. I'd rather see Crouch up front if Capello's so desperate for a big fella. If only Ashton could get and stay fit, he'd be so much better than Heskey and Crouch. Defoe has to play in the WC if his form continues for the rest of the season, he's looking awesome this year. I'm backing Owen to get himself into the squad as well, see him bagging a good few goals for United if he stays fit.

What are the chances of a few suprise selections for the WC? I think it's less likely with Capello being the kind of manager he is, but there still maybe one or two.

One player I don't think should be playing for England is Matthew Upson. He's a good player at club level but not good enough for international standard. I would also say the same about Wayne Bridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread