English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, Mr Refree. Without a penalty Man U would have hardly scored. That was a penalty, I agree but then again He has not given one to Arsenal earlier.
No matter what would be score after 90 minutes. Arsenal deserve to win this, at least they have played better football than Man u in past 63 minutes.

EDIT: Now then thank you Diaby. :doh

I am pissed off. Honestly that was not a fair result.
To Sum up the match,
Arsenal scored two goals, one for themselves and one for Man U.
Referee scored one goal for Man U and did not score one for Arsenal where he should have.

Now what the hell Man U did to win?
I do understand now why lots of people around the world hate Man U.

What? So because the referee gives a decision in Utd's favour, you hate Man Utd? Okay...

Nani has started off the season very well. I was very anti-Nani last season but he's starting to prove me wrong. The ball with the outside of his foot to Berbatov was brilliant.

What? So because the referee gives a decision in Utd's favour, you hate Man Utd? Okay...

Nani has started off the season very well. I was very anti-Nani last season but he's starting to prove me wrong. The ball with the outside of his foot to Berbatov was brilliant.

Apart from Carrick, O'Shea and Valencia, he was your worst player on the pitch. We won't play like this again and lose. I know we found yet another way to self-destruct against United but this was nothing at all like the CL Semi-Final performances. We could easily have won this match which is why I'm not at all downhearted.

Vermaelen was flawless imo. He could do nothing at all about either goal. He won headers and was never beaten in a tackle. Losing to the champions in August means little just as beating them in November meant nothing for our season.

Seriously, with Nasri, Walcott, Rosicky and Cesc to come back, if we put in performances like that against other teams, we will be in the race at Christmas. I would love for Wenger to buy one more defender as I now think we're sorted in midfield with Song and Denilson in the midfield three.

So many positives to take from this match. I still don't know what makes Almunia think he's a right back all the time. Stay in the tweaking goal. He got injured last season wandering out and we ended up with Fabianski in goal against Chelsea in the FA Cup Semis and we all know how that worked out.

I genuinely think Diaby's own goal was an attemped backpass which is the single worst thing to do with a ball travelling at pace. Ah, well, still positive. Bring on City.

Just annoyed Tottenham have 6 points on us...

Was at the box to watch the match and I'm very pleased with the result. We had a poor first half, but were better in the second half. Giggs, Fletcher and Rooney was outstanding in the second half. I thought our defence was shaky throughout the match, however. I thought Arsenal were a little unlucky to not get more from the match, but they can take plenty from the performance. We saw Wenger got sent off, and saw him going to stand up with the fans, but what did he actually do? We couldn't work it out, and looked on the TV behind us but they didn't show a replay of it, or we missed it...

Overall, a pleasing result for my first match of the season in the box. Just need to improve a few areas. :banana2

He kicked a bottle. That's it. Seriously, he kicked a bottle 15 yards down the touchline where there was absolutely no-one there after he found out our 'goal' was offside. If it was any other bottle, he would have got away with it but since it was lucozade, it went that little bit further. Sorry for that joke. :facepalm

Apart from Carrick, O'Shea and Valencia, he was your worst player on the pitch.

I respect your opinion but I have to disagree. He made quite a lot of good passes, got involved and did well. Valencia on the other hand was the complete opposite. Everytime he got the ball he played a poor ball and lost posession.

He kicked a bottle. That's it. Seriously, he kicked a bottle 15 yards down the touchline where there was absolutely no-one there after he found out our 'goal' was offside. If it was any other bottle, he would have got away with it but since it was lucozade, it went that little bit further. Sorry for that joke. :facepalm

Is that it? I thought he'd abused the referee or officials or something. I couldn't see much, and I wasn't wrong, it wasn't much. That's ridiculous. Pretty funny him going up in the crowd tho' and standing there.

I respect your opinion but I have to disagree. He made quite a lot of good passes, got involved and did well. Valencia on the other hand was the complete opposite. Everytime he got the ball he played a poor ball and lost posession.

Nani did well when one on one and got his crosses in more often than not but, other than that and the pass when United were on the counter, he was quiet. United played down the right flank a lot which rendered Nani completely useless. He just wasn't a threat imo which is why you didn't look like scoring until the penalty.

I agree with you about Nani. He was poor in the first half, especially at the start. He was quiet in the second half, but did make a few nice passes, particularly the one to Berbatov, but that was about it.

I am pissed off. Honestly that was not a fair result.
To Sum up the match,
Arsenal scored two goals, one for themselves and one for Man U.
Referee scored one goal for Man U and did not score one for Arsenal where he should have.

Now what the hell Man U did to win?
I do understand now why lots of people around the world hate Man U.

Thank you, Mr Refree. Without a penalty Man U would have hardly scored. That was a penalty, I agree but then again He has not given one to Arsenal earlier.
No matter what would be score after 90 minutes. Arsenal deserve to win this, at least they have played better football than Man u in past 63 minutes.

You must be referring to the 'penalty' that wasn't given for Arshavin? Agreed, it was a penalty, but it doesn't matter! The fact it wasn't given had no bearing on the game because Arsenal scored in the same attack around 30 seconds later!

Now onto the penalty given for Rooney. Stone-waller. Finally, Arsenal's second 'goal' was clearly offside. You have nothing to moan at the referee about.

As to 'what did we do to win'? We ground out a result when not playing at our best. We have been doing it for season upon season - winning when not playing well - and that's why we're so succesful. I mean, seriously. Using this game as an example of why so many people hate Man Utd is just nonsensical.

It was petty officialdom at its absolute worst.

MasterBlaster76 added 3 Minutes and 27 Seconds later...

Was at the box to watch the match and I'm very pleased with the result. We had a poor first half, but were better in the second half. Giggs, Fletcher and Rooney was outstanding in the second half. I thought our defence was shaky throughout the match, however. I thought Arsenal were a little unlucky to not get more from the match, but they can take plenty from the performance. We saw Wenger got sent off, and saw him going to stand up with the fans, but what did he actually do? We couldn't work it out, and looked on the TV behind us but they didn't show a replay of it, or we missed it...

Overall, a pleasing result for my first match of the season in the box. Just need to improve a few areas. :banana2

I'd still like us to go into the transfer market.

MasterBlaster76 added 1 Minutes and 4 Seconds later...

Well, there are always going to be a few idiots around, aren't there? Maybe all his mates hate Utd, so he feels he has to follow suit to be 'popular'... :sarcasm

Last edited:
I agree, but I'm not sure who we would buy. Was talking to my Uncle tonight when we were at the game and he reckons that pretty much anyone we had any chance of buying has been bought. The rest are just too expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread