English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am in London tonight. I'm at West India Quay, which is right next to Canary Wharf, which is in between West Ham and Millwall. Am about 5 mins from both places, a bit closer to Millwall. One thing's for sure, the door will be locked tight tonight :D

What a horrible night that was for English football, I thought those days were long behind us.

I'm presuming that it was the Millwall fans that started it from what I've gathered from some News reports but both sets of fans were absolutely disgusting, I hope they ban everyone involved from going to another match.

There has been a massive overreaction to it by the press though, treating it like a national disaster. Wow, West Ham vs Millwall and there's fights, big surprise. It was always gonna happen, 2 sets of fans from inner city London will want to fight each other. The biggest mistake really was that it happened so close to the ground, as that increases the chance of innocent people who don't want to fight being involved.

Lescott's a twat. Mark Hughes is in for a shock as well...

Joleon is arguably the best centre-half in the Premier League and can be for many years to come. He was key to what we were trying to do.

:laugh Best centre-half in the league my arse. That's why he went for John Terry first. There are so many better centre backs in the league, Vidic, Ferdinand, Terry, Carvalho and Carragher instantly spring to mind, but he wasn't even the best centre-half in the Everton side for me, I'd take Jagielka ahead of him. Lescott's so over-rated. ?24million is a cracking deal for him, what a rip off.

Last edited:
Considering we paid 5 million for him, 24 million is just a ridiculously inflated price. Make no mistake about it Jolean Lescott is a good centre back, but as Dan has pointed out he isn't even the best defender in our team let alone the best in the league. 10% of the fee goes to Wolves don't forget, but I hope Moyes uses the money straight away and BUY A CHUFFING RIGHT BACK FFS.

How must Kolo Toure feel? I'm sure Hughes will have called him the best in the league up until now. :sarcasm

Everyone apart from Mark Hughes knows that Phil Jagielka is far better than Lescott. FFS, Lescott was abysmal the first half of last season.

Furthermore, SSN have been reporting that we're sniffing around Distin and Hangelaand. Two defenders I would happily have over Lescott anyway.

Still worried by no rumours whatsoever about potential new right backs...

Considering we paid 5 million for him, 24 million is just a ridiculously inflated price. Make no mistake about it Jolean Lescott is a good centre back, but as Dan has pointed out he isn't even the best defender in our team let alone the best in the league. 10% of the fee goes to Wolves don't forget, but I hope Moyes uses the money straight away and BUY A CHUFFING RIGHT BACK FFS.

I know. We're desperate for a new right back. I was happy with Sir Phil Neville at right back, but now he's moved into midfield and we've been forced to play Hibbert at right back I'm constantly worried when a team attacks down the left. He's so clumsy and just dives into tackles far too often, could really do with replacing him. Have we been rumoured to be looking at anyone?

I think it's been rumoured we're after Steven Taylor and Sylvain Distin as replacements, which wouldn't be too bad. I'd like us to bring Richard Dunne back to the club. Though the chances of City agreeing to do business with Moyes now are slim.

Noticed we bought some Russian winger with a very memorable name as well the other day. Diniyar Bilyaletdinov, that's one to get put on the back of your shirt! Think we've got Banega coming in as well, having managed to get a work permit for him . He'll be a top signing I reckon, and will do well to bolster the midfield which has really looked below par so far this season with Mikel out.

Also Matt, did you notice that The Yak got himself on the scoresheet inside a minute for the reserves last night? Be nice to get him back in the side, we're missing someone that knows how to stick the ball in the net atm. Saha's penalty miss at the weekend was nothing short of terrible, such a bad penalty.

Apparently Yakubu's travelled to Greece for the game tomorrow night. He won't play, but it's nice to know he's back in first team consideration.

The only right back we've come close to signing was Kyle Naughton but Kevin Blackwell and Harry Redknapp bummed us up the arse over it and wouldn't let us speak to him.

Arshavin is putting in the worst performance I've ever seen from him. Only 36 minutes gone, but he's been largely awful. Given the ball away far too often, and been caught in possession a couple of times as well, very disappointing. Been abit of a frustrating game really. Both sides have been getting into decent positions, but the final pass has largely been poor, especially from Giggs for United. He's had a couple of fantastic oppurtunities to make killer passes, but just messed it up. Hopefully it'll improve.

Edit: Haha. That was always going to happen having posted that. Cracking effort.

Last edited:
Arshavin's quality. If only Moyes would have paid the ?6million that Zenit quoted for him in January 2008...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread