English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the game being shown in England (on ESPN), so probably explains why it's being shown in Aus. You'll get Fulham vs Chelsea later I imagine.

A shocking article. I've never seen anyone of any official capacity provide such a shocking quote - "probably will never play football ever again". It's poor English for a start. If they're going to make up this stuff at least make it believable.

Anyway, I hope it's not true. A shocking incident.

It is true, hardly false, it's on the WHU website as well. Thoughts with Davenport - West Ham United - Latest News

His mother got stabbed as well. Their both recovering. Good to see they were able to treat the situation successfully though, they didn't have to amputate his legs after all. The part about him not being able to play football ever is kind of exaggerated, but that would be taken into account if they had to amputate his legs. He wouldn't be up with West Ham in the starting side with 1 or no legs at all you know

And where on that article does it say he's going to lose his leg?

Shame to hear what happened to davenport but they've charged someone, lets hope he getswhat he deserves.

west-hams-calum-davenport-may-have-leg-amputated-after

Like I said, the Goal.com article was slightly exaggerated. But in the case that the doctors couldn't treat the wound properly as he had lost a lot of blood, then they would have no other choice but to amputate one of his legs.

Apparently it was his sisters boyfriend or something. Talk about bad family relations.

It's disgusting that that sort of thing has happened as Hooliganism has pretty much stop completely in England. Millwall, being presumptious here but I'm guessing they were the instigators, are the most horrid fans in England.

It's decreased a lot but it hasn't stopped, a lot of the older heads who went in the 80's come out of retirement (so to speak) for big matches. Cardiff, Leeds, Millwall etc, it'd be the same with United too if we drew one of them away in the cup.

I went to Arsenal-Fulham Reserves yesterday and saw Joe Kinnear (who passed me) and David Pleat.

Anyone with any sort of common sense.:D

Not that it's good or anything, but more nights like tonight there might stop the over-sanitisation of football, which would be a good thing. It's ridiculous the way it is at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread