English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would they sack the manager? =/ Lescott's been a twat, and Moyes dropped him. No reason at all to sack him. If they were going to sack him then it would have happened a couple of years back when we had that shocking season, finishing 4th from bottom. He survived that, so the board would not sack him because of Lescott.

Burnley? :p Torres is off the mark this season as well, good for my Fantasy Football team :D

It's not a case of someone being sacked, the rumour is that a manager has quit. Moyes will have been undermined after him saying that he makes all the decisions, so it's not so unlikely.

How's he been undermined? Moyes got his way by not selling Lescott to City, and Joleon's attitude has been poor so he's dropped him. There's no chance that Kenwright would let Moyes just leave at this stage, they're very close from what I've heard. If it is true then it'll be a real big loss for us. He's been excellent for us, and done a superb job to bring us back from the mess we were in when he joined the club. One of the best managers in England, pretty much irreplacable as far as we're concerned, so I hope if someone has quit, it's not Moyes.

Was just a suggestion. If Lescott does go now (which he probably will), Moyes is gonna look the fool cos he said no players will be leaving.

Doubt it, as he could hardly have done much more to keep Lescott. If he really wants to leave, and continues to put zero effort in (looked completely dis-interested against Arsenal) then we might as well sell him. Can't see Moyes backing down on selling him to City though, has slagged them off on more than one occassion. If someone else comes in with an offer for Lescott, then he will probably leave. If we get a decent replacement, then I won't be too fussed.

What a night for Burnley. This is what Premier League football is all about. Even if Burnley go down they'll remember this game for a long time. Good on them!

Good game for Liverpool, this result should kick start our season and well done Burnley as I said before no one will fear Utd this season!

Well done to Burnley. I know one of their directors and he text me when they scored "Ha ha, come on The Clarets". I text back "Let's see who's higher up the table come May". But well done to them, we were poor tonight and need to sort it out before Arsenal and Man City. Obviously the injuries didn't help us.

Borderline I think. It was 2 weeks from his injury, and that will be a couple of days before we play you.

We were so crap tonight. No-one seemed to be interested at all, apart from Ryan Giggs. Berba did ok when he came on. Even with Ronaldo in the team, I reckon they'd have beaten us.

MasterBlaster76 added 4 Minutes and 31 Seconds later...

Ouch United. Guessing Sir Alex is warming up the hair-dryer. Prepare yourself for the inevitible 'knew they'd miss Ronaldo' comments.

Of course...

What a night for Burnley. This is what Premier League football is all about. Even if Burnley go down they'll remember this game for a long time. Good on them!

Yeps, fair play to them. Anything other than a Burnley win would've been an injustice (although they happen as we all know).

Good game for Liverpool, this result should kick start our season and well done Burnley as I said before no one will fear Utd this season!

Just because we had one bad game doesn't mean you can automatically assume that. We still have far too many good players, but if people do underestimate us, that's good. It'll play right into our hands. We've had starts like this before and gone on to win the League, so it's not time to panic. However, I would like to see Sir Alex go into that transfer market before it's too late. I mean, you can't just sell someone like Ronaldo and not replace him with a real "Marquee" signing; no offence to Owen or Valencia, but neither of them come under that category.

Borderline I think. It was 2 weeks from his injury, and that will be a couple of days before we play you.

Can you have just one of your main players missing against us for once fss! How many times did we give Henry a little kick or send him on a fishing trip just before we played you lol?

I don't ever remember you missing a big game player against us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread