English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Brilliant, Manchester derby, Celtic excellent recovery after conceding 1st goal within 5 minutes and dominant Chelsea. Great day as far football is concerned. By the way no doubt Man U deserved to win and especially in second half they were on all over Man City defense but still 4 extra minutes suppose to be 4 Minutes only. And if we consider substitution then 4 minutes 30 seconds should have been maximum. No doubt it could have gone either way and if Man city had score then also I have same consideration.
Also agree regarding to Foster, I don't see him as England's future goalkeeper, not at least in near future.

4 minutes signalled
+30 seconds for Bellamy's goal (89.54)
+30 seconds for subsitution
That leaves 5 minutes.

Freekick given at just under 5 minutes.
Referees usually have an 'unwritten rule' to not blow the final whistle until the ball is cleared.
Ball not cleared.
Owen scores.

Wow 12 moths ban for Bellamy, I say.

Attachments

• 4028903485-20092009153724.jpg
    4028903485-20092009153724.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 17
Spot Phil :p:

Slideshow PopUp

Bottom middle with black jacket on and head turned towards the flag.

Class game, brilliant, agree with everything Mani (I think?) said on the last page apart from about Anderson, thought he did alright today, especially in the second half.

Spot Phil :p:

Slideshow PopUp

Bottom middle with black jacket on and head turned towards the flag.

Class game, brilliant, agree with everything Mani (I think?) said on the last page apart from about Anderson, thought he did alright today, especially in the second half.

are you next the old guy? your dad? :p

Fantastic game, brilliant end, Giggs is a legend...but!!! there is a lot we did badly.

Foster - he seriously needs to get his act together. A lot of people say he's England's future goalkeeper, I don't see that happening. He makes to many errors on a regular basis. He should've just booted the ball for the first goal, and his positioning was terrible for the 3rd.

Anderson - He had no idea what he was doing out there. Just looked clueless. His marking was terrible, he wasn't near any City player at any time.

Park - Yeah yeah, Park runs around like a headless chicken, but that's all he does. He has no actual ability. He wasted quite a few good chances and didn't make some when he could have. He doesn't have enough awareness of what's going on around him and can't create chances.

Rio - Come on! You can not do that! Rio knows it as well. Don't have a clue why he was attempting that. That's not acceptable in Man City's 3rd, let alone your own when no one else is back.

Valencia - Had a mixed start to the season. Still has a lot to work on. He needs to cross the ball quicker instead of attempting some kind of trickery or just holding up the ball.

Giggs - What a legend he is. Fantastic game for him. After all these years he still has the class, the ability, the pace and the skill. Anyone else would have blasted that ball, but he was aware of what was going on around him and picked out a brilliant pass to Owen, whose finish was equally great.

The Manchester derby was almost as good as Norwich-Charlton.

Man, it was amazing! I can't dispute what Sir Alex said about it being the best Derby ever (certainly has to rank with the highest).

Never doubted Owen for a second.

:laugh :laugh :laugh

We believe you mate! Well, he's a Utd player now, signed, sealed and delivered.

Brilliant, Manchester derby, Celtic excellent recovery after conceding 1st goal within 5 minutes and dominant Chelsea. Great day as far football is concerned. By the way no doubt Man U deserved to win and especially in second half they were on all over Man City defense but still 4 extra minutes suppose to be 4 Minutes only. And if we consider substitution then 4 minutes 30 seconds should have been maximum. No doubt it could have gone either way and if Man city had score then also I have same consideration.
Also agree regarding to Foster, I don't see him as England's future goalkeeper, not at least in near future.

Foster needs to cut out errors like that, it was a basic thing! There's danger? Clear the damned danger and boot the ball to Mars!

4 minutes signalled
+30 seconds for Bellamy's goal (89.54)
+30 seconds for subsitution
That leaves 5 minutes.

Freekick given at just under 5 minutes.
Referees usually have an 'unwritten rule' to not blow the final whistle until the ball is cleared.
Ball not cleared.
Owen scores.

Thanks for clearing that up, I wasn't sure where seven minutes had come from. There were eight minutes at Stamford Bridge, as well!

Seriously annoyed, Spurs should have taken something out of the last two games if they want to get anywhere.

MICHAEL OWEN! Haha, what a goal to produce in the 96th minute! Giggs I want to hold any children wish to produce!

I think Ferdinand owes Owen a gobby for that, if they didn't get that goal I reckon Ferdinand would of had more then a busted eyebrow...

What a second half, what a tense last 15 minutes. I really liked how Anderson played, his pace going forward always looked dangerous and I hope he gets better.

But the man is GIGGS! :D

(And Owen!)

((Oh and Foster, your a crab))

2009-09-14.jpg

Hooper added 0 Minutes and 55 Seconds later...

And I should probably change my avatar to this image:

Owen-019.jpg

I knew Owen would be good for United =] You provide him with chances and he'll put them away. He showed quality movement to get away from the defenders, and then the goal was made by Giggs's pass which was different class under that sort of game situation pressure. Quality game of football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread