English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not seen it but I can imagine it was horrible. The fact that the BBC writer says Shawcross appeared to be wiping away tears says it all. I just hope he can recover as quickly as possible and be back for next season. He is by far the best Welsh player currently and a real talent.

http://img.skysports.com/10/02/800x600/aa1_2425198.jpg

A lot of Arsenal fans on the BBC 606 saying it was a deliberate attempt to injure Ramsey. I haven't seen the tackle, but after hearing about it and seeing Shawcross's reaction, suggests it wasn't deliberate in any way.

I hope Wenger doesn't react like he did with the Eduardo thing calling for the player to be banned.

████ that's nasty. I cannot even imagine the amount of pain he is in. It looks worse than Eduardo's, mainly because it isn't broken around the joint. That is going to take some serious time to recover and I don't think we'll see him playing again until 2011.

Got MotD set to record in case I miss the start. Will judge the tackle then but I seriously doubt it was intentional. Fabregas' lunge at the end was however and he should've been given a red in my eyes. For some reason the ref didn't even speak to him...

treva added 2 Minutes and 5 Seconds later...

http://img.skysports.com/10/02/800x600/aa1_2425198.jpg

A lot of Arsenal fans on the BBC 606 saying it was a deliberate attempt to injure Ramsey. I haven't seen the tackle, but after hearing about it and seeing Shawcross's reaction, suggests it wasn't deliberate in any way.

I hope Wenger doesn't react like he did with the Eduardo thing calling for the player to be banned.

"I am not very happy with the tackle. We know what to expect from other teams but we have now lost three players in five years to horrendous tackles. I refuse to believe it's coincidence when you're hit as many times as we are. We know teams want to be physical against Arsenal - this is the result. When you see how Aaron got injured today in the way that he did, it is not acceptable. I don't accept that. We could see the team was shocked, but we go until the end because we are strong mentally and united. We will do it for Ramsey as well because he deserves it. From a mathematical side of the game it was a good day for us. But we cannot really enjoy it."

This guy just does my head in. He thinks the whole god damn world is against him and his team.

████ that's nasty. I cannot even imagine the amount of pain he is in. It looks worse than Eduardo's, mainly because it isn't broken around the joint. That is going to take some serious time to recover and I don't think we'll see him playing again until 2011.

Got MotD set to record in case I miss the start. Will judge the tackle then but I seriously doubt it was intentional. Fabregas' lunge at the end was however and he should've been given a red in my eyes. For some reason the ref didn't even speak to him...

treva added 2 Minutes and 5 Seconds later...

"I am not very happy with the tackle. We know what to expect from other teams but we have now lost three players in five years to horrendous tackles. I refuse to believe it's coincidence when you're hit as many times as we are. We know teams want to be physical against Arsenal - this is the result. When you see how Aaron got injured today in the way that he did, it is not acceptable. I don't accept that. We could see the team was shocked, but we go until the end because we are strong mentally and united. We will do it for Ramsey as well because he deserves it. From a mathematical side of the game it was a good day for us. But we cannot really enjoy it."

This guy just does my head in. He thinks the whole god damn world is against him and his team.

The reason he hasn't won anything for ages is because hes forgetten that football is a physical game. This is why teams like United and Chelsea beat them so easily. Arsenal haven't got the players to deal with it.

As for the tackle. It's luck. 3 in 5 years means nothing. Every team has had awful tackles against their players, it's just luck as to how it connects on your leg.

Football is a dangerous game. If we adopted Wenger's vision of football it would be boring. Very boring. Tackling is part of the game and with that, Accidents and injuries will happen.

Having said all of that I do hope its nothing more complicated than a break (obviously a break looking at the picture) and theres no lasting effects for a player that seems destined to be a world class talent in years to come.

Best wishes to Ramsey.

Seen the tackle and it was in no way intentional. You see this kind of tackle all the time and usually the tackler comes off worse.

Here it is if you haven't seen it: Shawcross red card/Ramsey injury, Stoke-Arsenal

Thanks for the link. Ramsey and Shawcross both go in, Ramsey was off the ground aswell, something Arsenal fans have failed to mention (Not that this is a problem, it just shows the commitment).

As far as I'm concerned its just mistimed. It wasn't two footed in the air was it. Seen far worse tackles and the player gets up. Just luck.

Anyone who vilifies Shawcross needs their head looking at.

As for Wenger, I think this shows how ignorant he really is. Prick. Surely he saw Shawcross as he went off?

It was a poor tackle but Shawcross was obviously going for the ball and was in no way doing it maliciously. He was distraught at what had happened and he just doesn't seem the type (his first ever red).

That dodgy keeper's going to cost Chelsea big time, I reckon. Also, having two players sent off will hurt them as well - what was Ballack thinking with his second tackle on Tevez?

Bad news about Ramsey, I hope he recovers soon - but that does look like a very bad injury. Good performance by Arsenal - they might just come up on the rails. I'm glad we don't have to play them again, that's for sure.

That tackle on Ramsey...... :( I was in a pub with about 80 or so people and you could have heard a pin drop after that tackle happened when you saw the way the ankle was hanging. No matter who you support, you never want to see that happen to a player, especially one so young. All you can do is hope the lad gets well soon. I also don't think you can have a go at Shawcross. A) He wasn't trying to injure him on purpose, B) You saw how upset he was, it really was an accident. Wenger has really pissed me off with some of his comments though.

In better news, Newcastle are beginning to sneak away at the top of the Championship. Expect to see us back next season ;)

The Ramsey injury may have happened before contact with Shawcross, there are pictures showing it but I cannot find the ones I was looking at earlier!

As Tom says, expect the Toon back up next season :D

Yeah, on MotD they showed a picture where his ankle was at an angle as Shawcross went to tackle him. I think it was a bit of both, he seemed to twist his ankle and then when you have someone kicking with that force at the same time it's bound to put some pressure on the bone.

Okay Wenger's really pissed me off now. He thinks the FA should take action against Shawcross. Someone needs to smack the French twat in the face. Can he not see it was completely accidental. Why does he continue to insist that everyone tries to break his players' legs on purpose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread