English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a quick thought for Swansea FC, and moreover the family of Besian Idrizaj, who passed away aged 22 on Friday night.

RIP, 22 is not even an age...

RIP. Used to be at Liverpool, didn't he?

That's terrible. I read that he's collapsed twice before though so maybe he had a heart condition like De La Red.

In the modern day, footballers should have frequent tests for these kind of deadly problems.

22. Sometimes you just wonder what God's playing at - or whether he's just become tired of the lot of us. R.I.P. :(

I dont know if anyone else has noticed. But i find it quite disturbing since Capello picked the 30-man training squad why every paper i read & rumour i read on the internet. That those in the media are trying to question what Capello has done. You would swear Capello had been doing crap as a manager until now.

The world cup hasn't even started & their off to their crapa gain. Geez the british media is ridiculous.

The British media always tend to report negative news regarding England during a major international tournament year. What happens when England did not live up to expectations? They find a scapegoat and start to blast that person all the way! :facepalm

I saw that Blackpool victory over Cardiff got them promoted to the Premier League, I always thought that the top 3 Championship teams goes up and the last 3 form the Premier League goes down. Can someone please tell me how it works, because Cardiff and Blackpool finished 4th and 6th respectively.

The 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th placed teams are involved in a play-off. I think 3 vs 6 and 4 vs 5 - might just be a random draw, not too sure about that. The winners of those 2 matches play each other and the winner of that match gets promoted, along with the top 2 sides.

Edit: Tom already got it then...

Unlucky to finish 3rd and not go up but they did get to play against 6th place instead of 4/5thth which could be seen as a bit of an advantage... Although didn't help them here unfortunately D: Definitely wanted Notts forest to go up out of all the teams in the Championship.

Nah they don't, their shite :p They had their chance's and they bottled it, then again it was because I was at St James when they lost 2-0 and I am Newcastle's lucky charm ;) The Toon and West Brom both easily deserved the auto promotion spot, after that I wasn't too fussed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread