English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be a big mistake not to bring Cole - remember that goal he scored vs Sweden in the last World Cup? He's one of our genuine match winners. Not too sure why Hargreaves still has a chance of going: he hasn't played all season.

Didn't know Buffon was that young, War! In that case, snap him up, Sir Alex!

I'd say Capello has basically picked the perfect 30 TBH.

- I guess he is clear about the 3 keepers so he didn't feel a need to pick Robsinson.

- The fact that both Baines & Warnock are in the 30 suggest he isn't 100% sure which one of them should go as back-up to A Cole. Which is understandable.

- My only disagreement is that Ash Young should have been picked ahead of SWP. SWP has never really impressed @ international level while being very patchy for City. While Young has been on of the best wingers in the league for a good 2-3 seasons. But since Capello has become manager it seems like he doesn't rate Young which is unfortunate, since he is always overlooked.

The 7 that i expect to be axed for the final 23 are:

- Upson (will be harsh on Upson to not make the final 23 since he was ever present in WCQ & was solid. But given the return of King Ledley & Carragher his position wont be as secure as before)
- Dawson
- Warnock
- Bent
- Huddlestone
- SWP
- Barry or Parker (if Barry doesn't recover i think Parker is his best like-for-like replacement to be part of the final 23).

War added 5 Minutes and 39 Seconds later...

It would be a big mistake not to bring Cole - remember that goal he scored vs Sweden in the last World Cup? He's one of our genuine match winners. Not too sure why Hargreaves still has a chance of going: he hasn't played all season.

Didn't know Buffon was that young, War! In that case, snap him up, Sir Alex!

Yup. But as you know United will have to break the bank to buy Buffon of course.

Plus i guess Hargreaves was still a chance of going, because Capello was hoping he could have made a late season recovery - get a few games & force his way into the squad like what Sir Ledley King has done.

Last edited:

- I guess he is clear about a 3 keepers so he didn't feel a need to pick Robsinson.

- The fact that both Baines & Warnock are in the 30 suggest he is 100% sure which one of them should go as back-up to A Cole. Which is understandable.

- My only disagreement is that Ash Young should have been picked ahead of SWP. SWP has never really impressed @ international level while being very patchy for City. While Young has been on of the best wingers in the league for a good 2-3 seasons. But since Capello has become manager it seems like he doesn't rate Young which is unfortunate, since he is always overlooked.

- Upson (will be harsh on Upson to not make the final 23 since he was ever present in WCQ & was solid. But given the return of King Ledley & Carragher his position wont be as secure as before)
- Dawson
- Warnock
- Bent
- Huddlestone
- SWP
- Barry or Parker (if Barry doesn't recover i think Parker is his best like-for-like replacement to be part of the final 23).

Well, you do have a point there about Robinson. As for SWP, maybe Capello picked him for the 30 man squad is because he tends to score goals on certain occasion for England and especially when Crouch scores. Not too sure overall but that is just my guess.

Well, you do have a point there about Robinson. As for SWP, maybe Capello picked him for the 30 man squad is because he tends to score goals on certain occasion for England and especially when Crouch scores. Not too sure overall but that is just my guess.

Ha ye thats true about SWP tending to score a few goals when Crouch as scored. I believe it has happened a few times @ Wembley.

But i fully expect SWP not to make the final 23. So no worries.

Looking at this 30 though. Do you think Beckham & Michael Owen if they where fit could have really made this 30 or even the final 23?

Looking at this 30 though. Do you think Beckham & Michael Owen if they where fit could have really made this 30 or even the final 23?

Maybe Beckham would have made to the final 23 if he was available. As for Owen, I'm not too sure actually. Maybe he would be in the 30 man squad but not the final 23. It's kinda hard to tell since both of them suffered injuries in February/March which was rather unfortunate.

Maybe Beckham would have made to the final 23 if he was available. As for Owen, I'm not too sure actually. Maybe he would be in the 30 man squad but not the final 23. It's kinda hard to tell since both of them suffered injuries in February/March which was rather unfortunate.

Word. I reckon Beckham would have at least madethe final 30 if SWP is in. But with emergence of Adam Johnson, im not sure if he would have made the final 23 though.

Owen had a better chance of making the final 23 for me. He was really looking after the Carling Cup injury that he was going to score to big match goals for United in the back end of this season. Hopefully his England career is not over though, i still think he can/should be very useful in EURO 2012 campaign.

- I guess he is clear about the 3 keepers so he didn't feel a need to pick Robsinson.

- The fact that both Baines & Warnock are in the 30 suggest he isn't 100% sure which one of them should go as back-up to A Cole. Which is understandable.

- Dawson
- Warnock
- Bent
- Huddlestone
- SWP

War added 5 Minutes and 39 Seconds later...

Yup. But as you know United will have to break the bank to buy Buffon of course.

Plus i guess Hargreaves was still a chance of going, because Capello was hoping he could have made a late season recovery - get a few games & force his way into the squad like what Sir Ledley King has done.

I was under the impression that the bank was already broken... :laugh

MasterBlaster76 added 0 Minutes and 43 Seconds later...

Word. I reckon Beckham would have at least madethe final 30 if SWP is in. But with emergence of Adam Johnson, im not sure if he would have made the final 23 though.

Owen had a better chance of making the final 23 for me. He was really looking after the Carling Cup injury that he was going to score to big match goals for United in the back end of this season. Hopefully his England career is not over though, i still think he can/should be very useful in EURO 2012 campaign.

Agreed - it's such a shame. Owen was beginning to look as though his confidence was recovering, but then he picks up another major injury. :facepalm

Here we go again: SSN is reporting that John Terry has broken his metatarsal. Again, with the bloody metatarsal!

Updated reports says he will be fit after all. THANK JESUSSSSS

Updated reports says he will be fit after all. THANK JESUSSSSS
ORLY? Especially with how mediocre he's been this season.

I wouldn't be too worried to see King in there instead of him.

ORLY? Especially with how mediocre he's been this season.

I wouldn't be too worried to see King in there instead of him.

Wellll...maybe - maybe not. I heard Capello is considering playing 3-5-2 if Barry isn't fit. So in that case King plus Rio & JT are likely to start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread