English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha. United now dropping points. I tell ya anyone one of the top 5 could win the league this season. Turning out the be the best premiership season ever.

Sky Sports - City in Dzeko Talks

Another one that looks to be joining City. :facepalm

----------

Haha. United now dropping points. I tell ya anyone one of the top 5 could win the league this season. Turning out the be the best premiership season ever.

With the way things are going this season, you can probably throw in Bolton as well to have more fun if they win at Stamford Bridge which wouldn't surprise me if it happens.

----------

It's a chance now to close the gap to 4 points with a win against Bolton but given our current form, it's more of a hope than expectation.

----------

Tonight's result bloody annoying - 1-1 away to Birmingham.
We had it in the bag and they scored in the 89th minute. Goal was probably offside and assist was a handball as well, so doubly annoying. At least we're still unbeaten - but that's a game we should've won - once again, a loss of concentration in the last minutes. So now we're level with Manamecca City - but ahead on goal difference and with two games in hand - still not a bad position to be in. :)

It is nice to remain unbeaten but those draws can be costly at the end of the season. Just ask Liverpool what happened two seasons ago.

Looks like my rumour looks correct.

Dzeko contacted City telling them he was interested a few weeks back. Not very surprising he's still in talks with them...

It is nice to remain unbeaten but those draws can be costly at the end of the season. Just ask Liverpool what happened two seasons ago.

Spot on there . Winless january that solely consisted of draws allowed United to launch a 10 point lead over us . Though we managed to fight back for the reminder of the season starting from the 2-0 win against chelsea to the 4-1 drubbing of united at O.T , it was too little too late and eventually ended up 4 points short :facepalm

None of the big teams have beaten Birmingham at home so far this season but still, Man Utd should have won yesterday. They have just managed one win in eight away games.

Lol. That is all.

I was hoping Hodgson would resign in the press conference. Would of cheered me up nicely. Surely he can't see the New Year at Liverpool anyway.

Spot on there . Winless january that solely consisted of draws allowed United to launch a 10 point lead over us . Though we managed to fight back for the reminder of the season starting from the 2-0 win against chelsea to the 4-1 drubbing of united at O.T , it was too little too late and eventually ended up 4 points short :facepalm

Absolutely. Don't get me wrong, I'm concerned about these late goals we keep conceding - I'd much rather have the points on the board than the 'unbeaten' label. Unless of course we do an Arsenal and it lasts all season - go unbeaten all season and you're sure to win the league. ;)

----------

We're not exactly shedding points at an alarming rate though - those two we dropped at Birmingham were the first two for a while - and remember, the goal should've been disallowed for at least two reasons - a definite handball in the assist from Zigic, a foul on Ferdinand at the same time and a possible offside. Not too sure about the offside, but the first two were reason enough for the goal to be disallowed. Unlike the other away points we dropped, this was beyond our control - the other dropped points were wholly down to a drop in concentration, whereas last night's was down to a bad refereeing/linesman decision.

We need to bounce back against WBA at their ground - bearing in mind what happened when they played as at Old Trafford. We're still in a great position and history has shown that post Christmas is when Utd really begin to motor; we're already several (around six or seven) points clear of our main rival (Chelsea). City and Arsenal will fall away in the second half I reckon - Chelsea will be the main challenge.

Absolutely. Don't get me wrong, I'm concerned about these late goals we keep conceding - I'd much rather have the points on the board than the 'unbeaten' label. Unless of course we do an Arsenal and it lasts all season - go unbeaten all season and you're sure to win the league. ;)

----------

We're not exactly shedding points at an alarming rate though - those two we dropped at Birmingham were the first two for a while - and remember, the goal should've been disallowed for at least two reasons - a definite handball in the assist from Zigic, a foul on Ferdinand at the same time and a possible offside. Not too sure about the offside, but the first two were reason enough for the goal to be disallowed. Unlike the other away points we dropped, this was beyond our control - the other dropped points were wholly down to a drop in concentration, whereas last night's was down to a bad refereeing/linesman decision.

We need to bounce back against WBA at their ground - bearing in mind what happened when they played as at Old Trafford. We're still in a great position and history has shown that post Christmas is when Utd really begin to motor; we're already several (around six or seven) points clear of our main rival (Chelsea). City and Arsenal will fall away in the second half I reckon - Chelsea will be the main challenge.

Well yea no doubt compared to the other games where United dropped points. That goal vs Birmingham shouldn't have been allowed at all.

History & a safe bet would tell us Chelsea may still remain United biggest challenge come the 2nd half of the season & Aresenal & City & Tottenham should fall off. But i dont know, there is an unpredictable feel to the season this year & i dont think we can seriously call a winner just yet.

Finally, a win at last! Although it was nervy and uncomfortable at times but we got the all important 3 points! I just can't believe the amount of times we got caught offside by the Bolton defense. :facepalm

----------

Doubt you will make the same mistakes to allow West Brom back into the game like you did at Old Trafford.

We are now 4 points behind after the win yesterday. You do have two games in hand but one of them is against us.

----------

Lol. That is all.

I was hoping Hodgson would resign in the press conference. Would of cheered me up nicely. Surely he can't see the New Year at Liverpool anyway.

Didn't see that result coming as I expected Liverpool to exert the pressure on Wolves considering you guys have not played in 18 days and they played few days ago.

Anyway, I do like the Wolves's offside trap at the end though.

Liverpool Vs Wolves Funny Offside Trap

@JBlues - Either way, I hope Man City don't sneak up on the rails - I'd rather the title stays at Stamford Bridge than go to City.

Hodgson going is inevitable. Fans don't want him, owners didn't appoint him, and the owners want to impress the fans.

Cruyff supposedly wants Rijkaard as the long term replacement at Ajax next season, Boas just signed a contract extension at Porto. Deschamps is definitely a strong candidate. I'd like to see Coyle given a chance, but then again, it's not my club.

This is just wishful thinking, but imagine Marcelo Bielsa? It would be incredibly unlikely, and his tenure would probably be a failure (players won't be able to handle his style), but it would be so amazing nonetheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread