English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Pepe Reina will leave Liverpool for Man United. They probably should make Kuszczak the first choice goalkeeper after Van der Sar retires and they do still have two more young goalkeepers in Ben Amos and Anders Lindegaard. So, I don't quite see the point of them getting another goalkeeper.

Some rumours say Reina is angry that Liverpool is in the Europa League and can't even qualify for CL next year and is struggling.

Some rumours say Reina is angry that Liverpool is in the Europa League and can't even qualify for CL next year and is struggling.

With the way things are going in the league this season, nothing is certain yet. Liverpool can qualify for the Champions League if they can improve their Away form.

Yeah, Liverpool need some from those rumours.

All Liverpool require in order to play CL football coming season is to sign a quality forward who fits in their dimension like Oscar Cardozo , Fernando Llorente . Also wingers like Fabio Coentrao are highly essential . But as mattfb said , the main signing should be Rafa Benitez

regarding the Pepe reina rumour to United , its all crap . They are more likely to sign Manuel Neuer

According to latest news, Chelsea 90 percent certain to buy Real Madrid's Kaka.

Seriously, if you all listen to rumours as much as it sounds like, the squads would be a whole lot different than they actually are. Man United have been linked with nearly every player in the world.

@Jblues

Anelka may not be in form but he offers something to the team nonetheless. His link up play means Drogba isn't isolated when Chelsea play badly.

I understand and agree with what you say about the diamond. I just think it would be a temporary solution to the problem. As for Lampard, he won't be at his best for a while anyway coming back from such an injury.

Hamsik is a strange player as I've never really seen him play that well, at least not consistently. He seems like one of those hit and miss players, but someone who could produce a spark in attack. And I'm feeling the love for Napoli - theyve been my favourite team in Serie A this season.

----------

Modric is a quality player. I think hes been Spurs best player this season. Incredibly intelligent midfielder who makes everything look so elegant

According to latest news, Chelsea 90 percent certain to buy Real Madrid's Kaka.

Chelsea fans would be happy if that happens but seriously, it won't happen. Why would Mourinho let him go anyway? He is coming back from injury and will want to prove that he fits into Real Madrid.

----------

@Jblues

Anelka may not be in form but he offers something to the team nonetheless. His link up play means Drogba isn't isolated when Chelsea play badly.

That is true but unfortunately for us, he was injured. :facepalm

----------

Hats off to Blackpool after winning their 5th away game of the season. They defended resolutely and did not crack despite being under pressure for most parts of the game. But it was rather unfortunate for Sunderland though that none of their chances went into the net. It was just one of those days for them. Nonetheless, Blackpool became the first team to beat Sunderland at home in the league season. :thumbs

Tonight's result bloody annoying - 1-1 away to Birmingham.
We had it in the bag and they scored in the 89th minute. Goal was probably offside and assist was a handball as well, so doubly annoying. At least we're still unbeaten - but that's a game we should've won - once again, a loss of concentration in the last minutes. So now we're level with Manamecca City - but ahead on goal difference and with two games in hand - still not a bad position to be in. :)

Last edited:
It was a blatant foul from Zigic in the first place as well.

I'm disappointed but we're top again, with games in hand against City. I still think that Chelsea are the only team who can challenge United in the title race; City have a really outside chance. I don't understand why Utd sat back and invited pressure. Birmingham weren't threatening at all, and we were looking more likely to score.

Modric is a quality player. I think hes been Spurs best player this season. Incredibly intelligent midfielder who makes everything look so elegant

He works so well with Palacios. Palacios's tempo of play was way to slow yesterday, and he constantly lost cheap possession, but Modric was better when he had Palacios by his side in the first half imo. Before the red card, Newcastle were finding a lot of space in Spurs midfield because Jenas and Modric were both getting forward, rather than just Modric.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread