English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
From 6 fixtures down to 2 left for today. :facepalm

JBlues08 added 5 Minutes and 18 Seconds later...

GREAT! Tomorrow's big match at Stamford Bridge has also been postponed! :facepalm

7 out of 10 fixtures gone out of the window! :facepalm This is why the Premier League should have a winter break.

At least there is the Catalan derby. Hope it will be a good match.

This is why the Premier League should have a winter break.

To be honest, this is one of the first years when the cancellations have been THIS bad. I'm not in favour for the addition of a winter break is that one of the great traditions of the Premier League is the Boxing day Festival of Football (as I call it :p), I would be happy to have one in January but the Christmas period of football is amazing.

From 6 fixtures down to 2 left for today. :facepalm

JBlues08 added 5 Minutes and 18 Seconds later...

GREAT! Tomorrow's big match at Stamford Bridge has also been postponed! :facepalm

Yep - that's hugely annoying! So now we've got two games to squeeze in: Chelsea and Blackpool.

MasterBlaster76 added 0 Minutes and 33 Seconds later...

To be honest, this is one of the first years when the cancellations have been THIS bad. I'm not in favour for the addition of a winter break is that one of the great traditions of the Premier League is the Boxing day Festival of Football (as I call it :p), I would be happy to have one in January but the Christmas period of football is amazing.

I agree with that, and it has been especially bad this year.

True and I too always enjoy watching PL matches every 2-3 days during Christmas but given the unpredictability of Mother nature these days, perhaps it isn't so bad to have winter break rather than trying to squeeze so many fixtures later when UK is suffering from a bad snow like this one.

JBlues08 added 3 Minutes and 32 Seconds later...

Yep - that's hugely annoying! So now we've got two games to squeeze in: Chelsea and Blackpool.

Your game against Blackpool has been rescheduled from what I checked recently. Just wondering when is the game at Stamford Bridge going to be played.

Last edited:
YAAAAAAY Baines!
Great victory over Man City!
Show those over spending thieves how to win matches! :p

Baines playing like a beast these days. Must pick in the next ENG squad once he keeps this up.

City have choken again as well. ATS im losing faith in their chances of winning the league.

Nice goal by Baines for Everton's second and great win for them. That at least keeps Man City off the top spot heading into Christmas. :lol

Last edited:
City's style of play means they are very disorganised, but they lack the understanding to be a truly fluid team. Silva and Balotelli's natural tendancies meant that they were too narrow in attack and the Everton full backs (Baines) were able to exploit them on the wing.

Hope there aren't any matches being postponed this weekend.

Me to! Man Utd have played about 1 game in 3 weeks! Not only is it ruining my fantasy sides but I have a fivefold bet on the Boxing Day fixtures which could win me 20 quid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread