English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry, but today's match (Spurs vs Chelsea) really isn't very important compared to tomorrow night's top of the table match between Man Utd and Arsenal. The winner of that will go 3 points clear at the top. Today's match was merely between two teams in the top half of the table. Tottenham aren't going to win the league, and I struggle to see how Chelsea are going to win the league when they haven't won since they sacked Ray Wilkins.

What a game of football. I didn't think Chelsea kept Bale all that quiet, he constantly broke down the vacant space in the right of Chelsea's midfield, terrorised Ferreira, and it was only the center backs that held firm and cut out his balls in - redeeming themselves for both making errors in the Spurs goal.

Agree with Mani about Drogba, he got rid of Dawson for his goal, and out-muscled Bassong to set up Ramires to win the penalty. Anyway I thought a 1-1 was a fair result. Cracking match.

To be fair to Drogba, it was thanks to him that Chelsea came back into the game. He scored the goal, he won the header for the penalty, and it was because of him that Chelsea changed their shape and therefore were more threatening. With Drogba on, they had a genuine target man to aim for, and Anelka was playing crap. Also they changed a 4-4-2/lop sided 4-3-3 and this meant that with Mikel and Essien in the centre, one of the Spurs forwards couldn't really drop deep to pick the deepest man and therefore Spurs looked disjointed and Chelsea were able to finally hold possession.

Yeah. Anelka played rather poorly in the game considering he had a rest in midweek. He looked lost and did not offer much of a threat in the first half.

JBlues08 added 11 Minutes and 24 Seconds later...

I'm sorry, but today's match (Spurs vs Chelsea) really isn't very important compared to tomorrow night's top of the table match between Man Utd and Arsenal. The winner of that will go 3 points clear at the top. Today's match was merely between two teams in the top half of the table. Tottenham aren't going to win the league, and I struggle to see how Chelsea are going to win the league when they haven't won since they sacked Ray Wilkins.

I disagree. The Top 5 this season is very tight. They are separated by only 5 points at the moment. Regardless of whether Tottenham is going to win the league or not, this match has an impact on the Top 4 and who is going to win the tittle(we dropped 2 points). Even if Man United or Arsenal wins, it will give them an advantage in the title race but it's still far from over.

On our current results, well form is temporary but class is permanent. This winless streak will have to end sooner or later. Not being mean or anything but write us off at your own peril. :)

JBlues08 added 7 Minutes and 35 Seconds later...

What a game of football. I didn't think Chelsea kept Bale all that quiet, he constantly broke down the vacant space in the right of Chelsea's midfield, terrorised Ferreira, and it was only the center backs that held firm and cut out his balls in - redeeming themselves for both making errors in the Spurs goal.

True but Bale did not terrorize Ferreira as much as he did last season or to how he did against some Right Backs this season. And redeeming themselves is one thing but I thought they showed fighting spirit and was willing to get their foot in when needed to which has been missing in recent games.

Last edited:
Tell me honestly if you guys even deserved a point from that game. Liverpool thoroughly dominated both halves. Its just that we didn't take our chances and you guys did . That made the difference .And not to forget your first goal was offside . Sometimes the game of football can be really harsh . Its been two away games in a row where we have deserved to claim atleast a point but ended up with none. You guys really resemble the Pakistan cricket team. On a given day , you can beat anyone and at the same time lose to anyone as well

I'm a little late, but you're so far off target it's laughable. We dominated you for 30 minutes in the second half.
Once Ranger came on for Ameobi, as Alan Pardew would say, he ***** Skrtel. Tiote/Barton were pulling all the strings and Andy Carroll played absolutely perfectly. He's not a player who you just play route-one too, (Hello, Peter Crouch), he can create chances for himself; note his possession on the half-way line, bringing the ball forward and laying off to the wings. Then sprinting into the space in the box and heading over.

Also, your goal was the tamest effort I've seen go in this season. Newcastle's of old would have crumpled once that goal went in. But 'Hughton's' team has gelled into one fantastic unit.

Wow, first Chris Hughton and now Sam Allardyce?! This season is just so fascinating!

Last edited:
Good, battling display by us tonight and a nice bit of improv. by Park! Three points clear (with a game in hand unless I'm mistaken), that could become six if we can turn over Chelsea at The Bridge. It's been a long time since we won there, we're due one and now is a very good time to play them.

Impressive performance. Really outplayed Arsenal, Anderson and Park and Nani were brilliant in midfield behind Rooney and the defence didnt leak anything. Rooney should have scored on the penalty but hey we got convincing three points so its allright.

Good game at Old Trafford but it's the same old story from Arsenal. Looked dangerous when going forward but unable to threaten Man United's defence compared to Man United who looked far more threatening when going forward.

They deserved to win even if their goal was slightly fortunate and with better finishing, they should have won 2-0 or even 3-0. Still can't believe Rooney blasted the penalty over though. :p

Last edited:
Good game at Old Trafford but it's the same old story from Arsenal. Looked dangerous when going forward but unable to threaten Man United's defence compared to Man United who looked far more threatening when going forward.

They deserved to win even if their goal was slightly fortunate and with better finishing, they should have won 2-0 or even 3-0. Still can't believe Rooney blasted the penalty over though. :p

Yep, that was a real 'Waddle'! Andy Gray reckons this new run up he's developed could be to blame and I have to agree - how can you be properly on balance after a run up like that?

Technically underwhelming game, but still fairly entertaining. Utd were the better team and deserved to win. Defensively we were excellent, and everyone did their jobs excellently. On the attack Nani was once again incredibly dangerous. Park and Carrick were brilliant I thought, the best players on the pitch.

Lol

a095b62ba601cdf2e9b5ff3d0e9c8069_bartontorres2.gif

a095b62ba601cdf2e9b5ff3d0e9c8069_bartontorres3.gif

Liverpool, you're suffering.:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread