English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
With Man City beating West Ham, they are now joint top leaders with Arsenal. If we lose to Spurs and Man United draw with Arsenal, then the top 5 are separated by only 4 points! This season is driving me nuts! :facepalm

Originally Posted by Dr. Pepper View Post
Lucas horrible? He was absolutely brilliant. I think he's been one of the best players so far this season. His positioning is excellent, always there for the easy pass, and his passing has become very reliable. He was criticised for being too weak on the ball, and too wreckless and late in tackles, but he's improved in those areas. He's become much stronger and improved his reactions. Lucas has had a great season.

Pepper , did you watch this game against newcastle ?? Did Lucas possess any of the few you mentioned above ?? :rolleyes
I as a Liverpool fan have had enough of this bastard and just want him fearsome tweak his way out of Anfield .And take a bow Roy , another away defeat still leaving us with only 2 away wins for 2010 :clap
Loserfools for ever

No I didn't watch the game.

I think you're being incredibly harsh towards Lucas. He isn't a dynamic, spectacular, headline-grabbing player, but he is a very good player nonetheless. It isn't a coincidence that he's always available for a pass, and always gets the ball. It's because his positioning is very good and he can read the game incredibly well. He was a Gremio starter as a teenager, and captain at around 20, he moved to Liverpool and has played regular football for the past two seasons under two different managers. He is also a starter for Brazil. He wouldn't have got so far in his career if he wasn't talented!

Pepper , did you watch this game against newcastle ?? Did Lucas possess any of the few you mentioned above ?? :rolleyes
I as a Liverpool fan have had enough of this bastard and just want him fling his way out of Anfield .And take a bow Roy , another away defeat still leaving us with only 2 away wins for 2010 :clap
Loserfools for ever

I think lucas played a decent game. It might not have been his best, but certainly not his worst. I would say torres and babel were rather off colour in my opinion. If Meireles and lucas can strike up a wonderful parnership then liverpool can deploy gerrad in a more attacking role.

I as a Liverpool fan have had enough of this bastard and just want him fling his way out of Anfield .And take a bow Roy , another away defeat still leaving us with only 2 away wins for 2010 :clap
Loserfools for ever

Enjoy losing to, what was it......a low profile team. Nice reality check for you there mate :thumbs

Cant wait to see the Caroll/Rooney partnership for England.

Raul Meireles has really been our best player ever since Gerrard got injured. He carried the game entirely for Liverpool by his own self. Johnson was much better than his previous performances but the thing i hate in him is his delay to cross the ball into the D-Box . He is more concerned of his dribbling skills :facepalm

And I think Roy has been really harsh on Jovanovic . DOnt know why he would play Maxi up there instead of this boy . Maxi has no physical strength , loses the ball regularly , makes clumsy challenges . On the contrary , Jova is one of the strongest fellas in Liverpool, his dribbling skills are superb , so are his passes . Wake up Roy or face the axe :facepalm

Enjoy losing to, what was it......a low profile team. Nice reality check for you there mate

Tell me honestly if you guys even deserved a point from that game. Liverpool thoroughly dominated both halves. Its just that we didn't take our chances and you guys did . That made the difference .And not to forget your first goal was offside . Sometimes the game of football can be really harsh . Its been two away games in a row where we have deserved to claim atleast a point but ended up with none. You guys really resemble the Pakistan cricket team. On a given day , you can beat anyone and at the same time lose to anyone as well

FFS Liverpool, I've got my local side Sydney FC tweaking up enough without me having to worry about your ████ performances. I'd like you to just be more consistent please Liverpool, so I can sit back and enjoy watching one of my football teams for once this season.

Wow..... that was legendary.:lol
Liverpool fans check that out its a deeply funny thing.

How frustrating! Had a chance to win the game but thanks to Drogba's poor penalty, we have to settle for a 1-1 draw. Why on earth he shoots to his right when his main targets this season have been his left this season? Even then there was no pace or real power to this penalty. :facepalm

Having said that, a draw is not such a bad result. At least we improved vastly from recent performances, kept Bale reasonably quiet and did not get thrash! Overall, it was a cracking game and hope this is a step in the right direction but for now, we have to settle in 4th! :noway

And oh, great to see Lampard back. :)

Haha todays game is why te BPL is the best in the world. This season has been the best in years so far.

To be fair to Drogba, it was thanks to him that Chelsea came back into the game. He scored the goal, he won the header for the penalty, and it was because of him that Chelsea changed their shape and therefore were more threatening. With Drogba on, they had a genuine target man to aim for, and Anelka was playing crap. Also they changed a 4-4-2/lop sided 4-3-3 and this meant that with Mikel and Essien in the centre, one of the Spurs forwards couldn't really drop deep to pick the deepest man and therefore Spurs looked disjointed and Chelsea were able to finally hold possession.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread