English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Liverpool looked better, but still not good enough. They were much more fluid in transition and looked better in attack. 4-3-3 was pretty brave from Dalglish seeing as it's been so long since they genuinely played that formation. It meant that they were much better in going from defence to attack as it wasn't quite simply flat lines. However there were some serious problems in leaving gaps in the centre. At times they made no use of the 3 man midfield and looked over-run. Promising for a liverpool fan though.

Talking about Liverpool's midfield, I actually did not realize Poulsen was playing for Liverpool yesterday till he was substituted.

Anyway, great games on Sunday. 3 derby games and of course, the big one at White Hart Lane. A draw will suit everyone else. :D And if Aston Villa and Newcastle lose on Sunday, I can see Gerard Houllier and especially Alan Pardew to be under huge pressure.

Also, just read Fabregas's comments on the game against Ipswich. What a sour grape!

I saw some Liverpool players playing football with a hedgehog the other day, I was going to call the RSPCA but then the hedgehog went 1-0 up

It wasn't great but a good performance(at least compared to recent league games) and definitely a huge win! Now, I'm just hoping for Man United to get something from White Hart Lane. A draw would be an ideal result. :lol

Last edited:
Well it ends 2-2 between Liverpool and Everton. Not too bad considering the first half for Everton was aweful. I was disappointed with Arteta in the first half, but I guess he did a better job in the 2nd.
Loved Coleman in the game! :yes

Great games all around and draws were certainly order of the day but all were still entertaining and the draw at White Hart Lane will definitely suit 3 of the top 5 teams. :thumbs But I must say that Rafael's sending off kinda spoil the game a little as United went defensive after that.

fellaini is an absolute monster. by far our most talented player.

Wished he would attack more in the the absence of Cahill. I mean it would give the team more fluidity in the transition from defense to attack.

Wished he would attack more in the the absence of Cahill. I mean it would give the team more fluidity in the transition from defense to attack.

first half he is pretty handcuffed in the 4-4-2. With liverpool having 3 CM if he bombed on we'd have been slaughtered.

His defensive awareness is unreal at time. Not since makelele at chelsea has someone won the ball so easily without making tackle. His ability to intercept a pass is unrivalled in the prem today, imo.

first half he is pretty handcuffed in the 4-4-2. With liverpool having 3 CM if he bombed on we'd have been slaughtered.

His defensive awareness is unreal at time. Not since makelele at chelsea has someone won the ball so easily without making tackle. His ability to intercept a pass is unrivalled in the prem today, imo.

Ohh I definitely agree defensively he is quite sound. Perhaps the situation, prevented him from attacking. Ohh well, quite happy with the result! :)

So, a 0-0 at White Hart Lane. A draw in that match is by no means a disaster, we've still got two games in hand on Manamecca City and we're still unbeaten.

Does anyone have an idea what a liverpool side are without a jamie carragher or a danny agger at Central defence ?? You got the perfect answer yesterday :facepalm

Yeh since he's improved not going into tackles rashly, he's become brilliant.
Does anyone have an idea what a liverpool side are without a jamie carragher or a danny agger at Central defence ?? You got the perfect answer yesterday :facepalm
Don't think Carragher would've done much better tbh, his lack of pace is really letting him down as a defender now.

It was a strange game as Liverpool were well in control in the first half, then Everton were the better team at the start of the second. Both teams just had patches of good play.

btw, another goal conceded from a corner. Zonal marking anyone?

Kelly - Ayala - Wisdom - Wilson

Probably would of been more successful. Skrtel was absolutely terrible yesterday, very weak defending. I don't rate Soto either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread