English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Have never heard about this guy :lol

@ Mani : Whether its zonal or man marking , we always get it wrong when it comees to corners or any other set piece :facepalm

Just wanted to say Liverpool are winless under Reina's captaincy

Have never heard about this guy :lol

47. Andre Wisdom - Liverpool FC

"Andre is a strong, robust player who was a key member of the England team that won the European U17 Championship in the summer of 2010."

"Wisdom also made his England U19 debut this season and ended up with the captain's armband when fellow Red Jonjo Shelvey left the field."

Interesting to see Pienaar has gone to tottenham. Cant see him getting much 1st team chances.

Interesting to see Pienaar has gone to tottenham. Cant see him getting much 1st team chances.

Yeah. But there are two possibilities though. One, Harry Redknapp would probably play Bale at left back(he has mentioned about this before) and puts Pienaar in front of him. Or two, he plays Pienaar on the right instead of Lennon. Either way, it's still hard to see him play every week like he does for Everton.

Assou-Ekotto has had a very under-rated season. It would be incredibly harsh to drop him to the bench. Lennon has done well as well but I can see some kind of rotation between him and Pienaar. Don't think Pienaar is cut out to step in for Huddlestone while he's still out, him and Modric wouldn't really work out in the middle.

I don't think Pienaar will play in the middle as he is more of an attacking midfield kind of player who likes to play on the wings or behind the striker. But Spurs already have Bale, Lennon and Van der Vaart in those positions. So, it will be interesting to see how he fits in.

Also, it's rather shocking to see Aston Villa paying out ?24 million for Darren Bent. Martin O'Neill is probably going mad wherever he is at the moment.

Also, it's rather shocking to see Aston Villa paying out ?24 million for Darren Bent. Martin O'Neill is probably going mad wherever he is at the moment.

Ridiculous amount of money. He's barely worth ?14 million.

Ridiculous amount of money. He's barely worth ?14 million.

Yeah, around that price. Maybe just ?10 million. But for Sunderland, it's a very good business.

Speaking of that, I think Liverpool got a very good deal out of Babel by selling him to Hoffeinhem for ?7 million.

It's great news for Sunderland. Huge amount of money for him. Welbeck and Gyan together looked much better than any combination with Bent as well, and it also means they won't play such an open 4-3-3.

Yeah. But there are two possibilities though. One, Harry Redknapp would probably play Bale at left back(he has mentioned about this before) and puts Pienaar in front of him. Or two, he plays Pienaar on the right instead of Lennon. Either way, it's still hard to see him play every week like he does for Everton.

Bale at left back?
I think Bale can add dimensions to attack of tottenham as left back. But I feel his defending is not good enough to take up that position.

31 passes.

Pass and move.

31 times.

Then Torres will score.

So simple.

Yeah , really a fantastic result for our boys after so many days of misery . KUDOS to Kenny on his first win and how . Clearly the 'Torres' effect is now felt in the game ever since his arrival .3 goals in 3 games , all away from home . And also , i can understand how important a player Daniel Agger is for a team like Liverpool . We saw his 45 minute absence last week dearly felt . Maxi was woeful once again . Meireles , Kuyt and Lucas just masterminded the midfield though i would not credit Poulsen , he was bad as well . Regarding the defence , Skrtel looked Ok while Johnson and Kelly were fantastic at the wing . Reina's first win as captain and he made a fine save just before half time . Well played Liverpool !!

I thought Poulsen had his best game in a Liverpool shirt. He moulded into that three man midfield well. He doesn't really get forward which was fine with Meireles playing so high and Kuyt and Maxi always cutting back inside. He wasn't that great, but we wasn't awful like usual. One thing I did notice was both fullbacks didn't attack much, allowed Lucas to get forward more knowing there was plenty of defence in behind.

Kuyt wasn't that good. Worked very hard again but we would probably be better off with a more technically skilled winger.

But that last goal... 31 passes in the build-up. Just amazing. Shankly would be smiling down on us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread