English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the best Liverpool performance I've seen this season. The midfield tridente of Lucas/Meireles/Poulsen was excellent. Great runs from deep all game, very fluid and showed good understanding. They didn't all get ahead at once, and took it in turns to make runs ahead.

Was pretty impressed by Liverpool's performance today and surprisingly, Johnson is doing reasonably well at left back. :p But from what I've seen though, he's not really being tested much yet so far.

Grrrrr, 4 points thrown away in 2 games something that Newcastle needs to address quickly, it's not over till the ref blows that final whistle and we're finding out the hard way at the moment. Still on the bright side considering this is our first season back we are doing miles better then I hoped.

If you went to me on the opening day of the season, with 15 games left, Newcastle would be on 30 points, 7th in the table, ahead of the likes of Liverpool and with wins against Chelsea and Arsenal, I'd have bitten your hand off. We just need to get the consistency sorted and we could be a real danger in a couple of seasons.

Grrrrr, 4 points thrown away in 2 games something that Newcastle needs to address quickly, it's not over till the ref blows that final whistle and we're finding out the hard way at the moment. Still on the bright side considering this is our first season back we are doing miles better then I hoped.

If you went to me on the opening day of the season, with 15 games left, Newcastle would be on 30 points, 7th in the table, ahead of the likes of Liverpool and with wins against Chelsea and Arsenal, I'd have bitten your hand off. We just need to get the consistency sorted and we could be a real danger in a couple of seasons.

Newcastle could and should have won the game before Spurs equalized. But still, at least it's a draw in the end. ;)

Ok its games like today vs Villa that Man City should be putting away if they are going to win the league for me. So as of now although the top 5 have been very competitive this season, im starting to feel United will win the league now.

Newcastle could and should have won the game before Spurs equalized. But still, at least it's a draw in the end. ;)

Yeah, from the report on the BBC website I think that was the case, maybe if Carroll had been playing we would have finished better and put a couple more away. Then again, Tottenham totally dominated us at White Hart lane so a draw against the 5th place team in the league isn't too shabby. Just proves to everyone that Newcastle are a good team worthy of a top 10 spot in the league and that we've begun to sort out issues which had been plaguing the club for years. I think Hughton was the man who put the work in, in fixing it, but Pardew is the one getting the repaired team. Not got anything against Pardew he has done a good job on building on the momentum Chris got going, it's just I think Hughton was owed so much more and deserved to be treated way better then he was.

Ok its games like today vs Villa that Man City should be putting away if they are going to win the league for me. So as of now although the top 5 have been very competitive this season, im starting to feel United will win the league now.

I reckon you're right, plus Arsenal will be losing in 2 games time so that's 3 points they're going to lose ;)

With Man City and Spurs dropping points, we need to seize the opportunity to close the gap on one and pull clear of the other by beating Bolton.

I'd love to see James Richardson back on our TVs, he's only presented sporadically ever since that fantastic Football Italia programme on Channel 4. Highly unlikely though. :(

Arshavin to leave Arsenal for Chelsea.

Fantastic. If he leaves Arsenal then I might lost all the respect for him. He did once with Zenit when Zenit needed him most but it was understandable. Moving to world’s most watched football league was never an issue. Also it is interesting that his prime excuse could be Arsenal’s fans reactions. I do not see any man utd fans booing their own player at old Trafford. Just some average games and Arsenal going to show him the door? Arsenal fans should support him, rather than booing him. Booing him will not going to make him a better player. From Chelsea point of view, 10 Million pound is a free deal for a player like Arshavin.

Arshavin to leave Arsenal for Chelsea.

Fantastic. If he leaves Arsenal then I might lost all the respect for him. He did once with Zenit when Zenit needed him most but it was understandable. Moving to world?s most watched football league was never an issue. Also it is interesting that his prime excuse could be Arsenal?s fans reactions. I do not see any man utd fans booing their own player at old Trafford. Just some average games and Arsenal going to show him the door? Arsenal fans should support him, rather than booing him. Booing him will not going to make him a better player. From Chelsea point of view, 10 Million pound is a free deal for a player like Arshavin.

I don't think I would really mind if we can get Arshavin in as he will add a different dimension to our play because of his technical abilities. However, on the flip side of things, getting another player who becomes 30 year old later this year is not really a wise move considering we already have a bunch of 30s in our team.

Chelsea need some younguns. Josh Mcearnham is already in Chelsea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread