English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Having looked around, I've only really found that story on goal.com and tribalfootball. Two hugely unreliable sources that do just make stuff up. Even if Man City are interested in him (highly unlikely), there's no chance Barca and Madrid can be.

A spectacular overhead kick by Rooney in the Manchester derby. :clap

Would have liked a draw but I guess any kind of result from the match will benefit us one way or another.

What an absolutely vital win that was for us - not just because it was over one of our close challengers, but also because it followed the end of a long unbeaten run and after such a run, it's so easy to lose the next one and the next; I remember after Arsenal's long unbeaten run, after their defeat to us, the skids were well and truly put under them.

Smalling was great - I reckon Vidic/Ferdinand + Smalling is the way to go when either of the top two are out. Evans seems a bit out of his depth at the moment.

Mike Summerbee was making me laugh. I have to say, I've never seen a guest on Sky Sports that was such a perfect fit for the expression 'sick as a parrot' after a game - it was hilarious. And did anyone notice how he kept bleating on about City being beaten by a spectacular goal, without one word about the Jammy Dodger that was City's equaliser? Boy, was he pissed. :lol :lol :lol :lol

As for Mr Rooney, well what can you say? Only the World Class player can do that sort of thing - absolutely unbelievable! That will surely give him the confidence now to go on from there.

Back to Mr Summerbee for a minute - yes, City have caught up but what's this guff that they're where they 'deserve' to be?? Not to mention hardly a word about the exorbitant amounts of money they've spent to get there. Before this takeover, City were nowhere, as everyone knows. They weren't regular Europe challengers, they weren't top four contenders & they were a million miles away from winning the league; on the contrary, they were regularly fighting relegation. If someone could explain how that makes them 'deserving' of being in their current position, that would be nice. As I've said before, prior to their takeover, Chelsea were hammering loudly at the door as well as picking up quite a few Cups. Can't say the same about City.

Either way, the situation won't be like this for too much longer - sooner or later, the right offer will come along and Man Utd will once again be in their rightful position, as a club who can afford as well as attract the very best players. The way I see it, there's no smoke without fire and although Utd are denying it right now, this Qatar Royal family takeover keeps rearing its head; I very much doubt if Utd will allow themselves to be left far behind financially forever. So enjoy it while you can, City - and then be concerned with how to catch us when we can perform like this while not having your financial resources. ;)

As to the City fans calling our ground a 'shithole' and that they want to go home, well off you go then. :D

----------

Look who's back. :p

BBC - Roy Hodgson named new manager of West Brom

A good choice for West Brom.

Looking forward to the Manchester derby tomorrow. Just hope it's not as boring as the one at Eastlands in November.

Thankfully it wasn't - but then again at Eastlands, it was all about only one team actually trying to win the game. Agreed about WBA - as is currently being backed up by the current score in their game.

Just came here to make 3 points :

1. Glen Johnson = SCUM !
2. No Agger , no defence for Pool
3. Except for the Suarez free kick , can someone tell me what Liverpool were upto regarding set piece situations ?? Heights of Complacency !

Thankfully it wasn't - but then again at Eastlands, it was all about only one team actually trying to win the game. Agreed about WBA - as is currently being backed up by the current score in their game.

If it weren't for the goals, then it might have been another dull game because it was certainly looking that way already before Nani scored the first goal.

As for West Bromwich, well, a good choice but they are Arsenal this weekend. 3-0 at HT and 3-3 at FT.

----------

Premier League Fixtures said:
September 25 - Manchester City vs Chelsea = 1-0
October 3 - Manchester City vs Newcastle 2-1

November 7 - Liverpool vs Chelsea = 2-0
November 10 - Wigan vs Liverpool = 1-1

November 14 - Chelsea vs Sunderland = 0-3
November 22 - Sunderland vs Everton = 2-2

November 20 - Birmingham vs Chelsea = 1-0
November 27 - Fulham vs Birmingham = 1-1

December 27 - Arsenal vs Chelsea = 3-1
December 29 - Wigan vs Arsenal = 2-2

January 5 - Wolves vs Chelsea = 1-0
January 15 - Man City vs Wolves = 4-3

February 6 - Chelsea vs Liverpool = 0-1
February 12 - Liverpool vs Wigan = 1-1

Notice a pattern there? :lol

Last edited:
Rooney! :eek:

I forgot Rooney was on the pitch before he scored that stunner. Easily the goal of the season!

Arsenal won as well - looks like our game with them at the Emirates could go a long way to deciding this year's title. Mind you, we've still got Chelsea home and away and Liverpool away, as well as the Arsenal game. It's not over yet, not by a long way.

Incredible goal from Rooney. Very entertaining game, both teams had spells of excellence but Utd were more clinical. Silva, Toure, Kompany, Smalling, Giggs, Scholes and Nani all had brilliant games. Smalling was very assured and composed on the ball - looks a similar player to Rio, which is a very good sign.

@ JBlues : Everything in that pattern makes sense except for the first one where City after beating Chelsea happen to win the following weekend too .

@ JBlues : Everything in that pattern makes sense except for the first one where City after beating Chelsea happen to win the following weekend too .

Precisely. Except Man City, the other teams did not pick up all 3 points in their next league game after beating us. It's not a big deal and just thought it was an interesting stat. :lol

And you do really like the part where Agger elbowed Torres last weekend don't you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread