English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, a Modric, Bale, Van der vaart-less Spurs managed to win at the Stadium of Light. Disappointed with Sunderland in the second half though.

A holding midfield player is a completely different player from one that goes forwards all the time - to say that someone is 'too good to be a holding midfielder' is nonsensical. How far would Utd have got without Keane the midfield general holding things together all those years?

It's 3 in 3 now for Sturridge. Good for him. :)

Only if Ancelotti decides to play him more often and in the right position as well. :facepalm

What would everyone's team of the season so far be?

Mine would probably go something like this:

Van der Sar
Richards -- Kompany -- Vidic -- Baines
Lucas/Tiote -- Modric
Nani -- Nasri -- Silva
van Persie/Tevez​

Only one I'm not sure about is Van der Sar but can't think of anyone else tbh. Kolarov has been very good as well but Baines has been exceptional. I know Silva doesn't play on the left but only way to fit him in. Van der Vaart, Bale, Giggs, Kelly and to an extent Meireles unlucky to miss out.

i would say you are overrating this Lucas a bit too much though he's been brilliant ever since that Newcastle horror game :p

I think mine would be something like this one:

Cech/Van der Sar
Rafael -- Kompany -- Vidic -- Baines
Nani -- Van der Vaart -- Barton -- Modric -- Silva
Tevez​

Bale would probably have been in there if it wasn't for his injury. But, he is still a candidate though. Other players that might be worth considering includes Ciaran Clark, Lucas, Charlie Adam, Seamus Coleman, Berbatov, Ashley Cole, Meireles and Martin Kelly.

There might be other players worth mentioning but I can't quite think of it at the moment.

Chelsea really should've won that, but easily could've lost it if Fulham had scored that penalty. Luiz looks one hell of a player!

Chelsea really should've won that, but easily could've lost it if Fulham had scored that penalty. Luiz looks one hell of a player!

Possession and chances created suggests that we should have won it but really, we hardly created any clear cut chances.

When we did do that particularly in the first half, it fell to Torres but he was wasteful. The Torres of old would have scored those chances he got in the first half.

Otherwise, all the chances were long range shots that went hopelessly wide! :facepalm:facepalm:facepalm

The only positive thing is that Luiz and Ramires were absolutely brilliant despite the former giving away the penalty. The penalty was a harsh one though. Cech deserves a mention too for the crucial save. :thumbs

And oh, Mourinho was at Craven Cottage too...

Possession and chances created suggests that we should have won it but really, we hardly created any clear cut chances.

When we did do that particularly in the first half, it fell to Torres but he was wasteful. The Torres of old would have scored those chances he got in the first half.

Otherwise, all the chances were long range shots that went hopelessly wide! :facepalm:facepalm:facepalm

The only positive thing is that Luiz and Ramires were absolutely brilliant despite the former giving away the penalty. The penalty was a harsh one though. Cech deserves a mention too for the crucial save. :thumbs

And oh, Mourinho was at Craven Cottage too...

Yep, I hope Torres is still playing like that when we play you. ;) :p I wish our game wasn't postponed though - we would've played you without Luiz and Torres. Oh well, them's the breaks. I'd settle for a defeat at Stamford Bridge if it meant we won at the Emirates though.

Mani's defence line is spot on , regarding the goalie , i would go for Joe Hart .
Midfield is where i would shake things up a bit :

Nani -- Van der Vaart -- Modric -- Bale

Tevez------Berba

Yep, I hope Torres is still playing like that when we play you. ;) :p I wish our game wasn't postponed though - we would've played you without Luiz and Torres. Oh well, them's the breaks. I'd settle for a defeat at Stamford Bridge if it meant we won at the Emirates though.

Even if we had Torres back in December, I doubt he would have a big impact. But we shall see, either on 1st March or in May depending on what happens in the FA Cup this weekend.

Even if we had Torres back in December, I doubt he would have a big impact. But we shall see, either on 1st March or in May depending on what happens in the FA Cup this weekend.

That's right, if we're both still in the FA Cup (and it is a distinct possibility), then the match is moved again - and by May, it could all be over. Then again, this season has had more than its fair share of twists and turns!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread