English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
About the team of the season, I forgot to mention Nasri who has been a good form for Arsenal this season.

----------

That's right, if we're both still in the FA Cup (and it is a distinct possibility), then the match is moved again - and by May, it could all be over. Then again, this season has had more than its fair share of twists and turns!

You better hope so. You certainly do not want to play us twice in 3-4 days when your potential 19th title is on the line for you guys. :p

I think mine would be something like this one:

Cech/Van der Sar
Rafael -- Kompany -- Vidic -- Baines
Nani -- Van der Vaart -- Barton -- Modric -- Silva
Tevez​

Bale would probably have been in there if it wasn't for his injury. But, he is still a candidate though. Other players that might be worth considering includes Ciaran Clark, Lucas, Charlie Adam, Seamus Coleman, Berbatov, Ashley Cole, Meireles and Martin Kelly.

There might be other players worth mentioning but I can't quite think of it at the moment.[/QUOTE]

About the team of the season, I forgot to mention Nasri who has been a good form for Arsenal this season.

Ye this seems about right.

Wayne Rooney, Kak? and Zlatan Ibrahimovic could all be seen, resplendent in blue. Lionel Messi, Fernando Torres, Didier Drogba and Mesut Ozil were also to be found. It was a 60-man squad,

LMAO :lol

That truly shows what a joke most of football think Manchester City are - even a no-mark like Aris Thessaloniki!

----------

Tottenham transfer news Spurs feel they "already have one hand on" Ipswich strike star Connor Wickham and will pay ?15m to land him in the summer - News - MirrorFootball.co.uk

Really like the look of this kid. Got a sneaking feeling in Rooney, Carroll & Wickham ENG could have 3 top-class strikers by the time world cup 2014 is around.

Agreed - and the midfield isn't looking too bad either. The defence, however, is a concern - especially in wide areas.

Bye bye to the FA Cup! Gutted to lose on penalties when we should have won it instead given the amount of chances we created throughout the 120 minutes!

But then again, our performance was again left a lot to be desired. It has been a continuing theme since November! I'm really getting tired of this... :facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm

BUT FGS, can someone just teach Anelka how to take penalties?!! :mad

Bainessssss you beauty! What a thriller! Saved your best free kick for last! :D
Anelka! :lol
Its always a pleasure watching you on penalties!

Carlo Ancelotti said:
In the sessions Anelka tried a lot to shoot the way he did and always scored and obviously penalties are a lottery.

Are you serious?! Carlo, that is just a training session. Players may take it lightly whereas when you're in the actual situation, it's different! And also, don't tell me the likes of Drogba and Lampard did not tell Anelka how to take a penalty PROPERLY and hit it with POWER and ACCURACY?!

----------

Bainessssss you beauty! What a thriller! Saved your best free kick for last! :D
Anelka! :lol
Its always a pleasure watching you on penalties!

A thriller? Please tell me you're talking about the free kick.

And really, Ivanovic committed such a cheap foul at such a crucial time. We paid the price for it and certainly after not taking those chances created in the 90 minutes.

In the end, Man United just only scrape past Crawley Town at Old Trafford. Crawley Town deserves a huge credit for their performance and certainly a replay as well. They just lacked that cutting edge in the final third but they did come close at the end when Brodie hit the post. Otherwise, they could have scored at least a goal.

Well, United it is then on 1st March.

Well, what a load or rubbish that was. Well played Crawley, they deserved something out of it. As for our boys, that was disgraceful. They looked as though they didn't give a damn, they also looked as if all they had to do is turn up and they'd automatically win; they showed no respect to Crawley at all and it could have easily bitten them in the arse. Hernandez is definitely the new Solskjaer - just like Ole, he rarely does it when in the starting lineup.

Smalling once again, was good when he came on - Sir Alex obviously saw that the defence needed some help!

To be honest, as soon as I saw the team sheet, I was expecting a game like that - a game where we'd nick a 1-0 win, and have plenty of scares along the way.

Bebe and Obertan have no future at Old Trafford. Bebe, in particular has shown nothing that says to me he has a future at this level (how much did we pay for him? Money that could have been put towards a world class signing no doubt). Obertan's control was especially terrible today.

Still, we're in the quarter finals now, so let's see what happens from here. With any luck, Notts County can give Man City a few scares tomorrow.

----------

In the end, Man United just only scrape past Crawley Town at Old Trafford. Crawley Town deserves a huge credit for their performance and certainly a replay as well. They just lacked that cutting edge in the final third but they did come close at the end when Brodie hit the post. Otherwise, they could have scored at least a goal.

Well, United it is then on 1st March.

Good. I'd rather not have to play Chelsea twice in a few days - and would much prefer to play them now instead of May, when they might be back in form again.

Good. I'd rather not have to play Chelsea twice in a few days - and would much prefer to play them now instead of May, when they might be back in form again.

True. You maybe in better form than us in terms of winning games but your performance isn't exactly setting the world alight, let alone in the Premier League.

----------

Still, we're in the quarter finals now, so let's see what happens from here. With any luck, Notts County can give Man City a few scares tomorrow.

I certainly hope so although I think City will still go through anyway.

And if things go according to plan in the FA Cup tomorrow, all Premier League teams should go through and then, there might be one or two big matches in the Quarter Finals.

True. You maybe in better form than us in terms of winning games but your performance isn't exactly setting the world alight, let alone the Premier League.

Yep, agree with that. It was essential we won the derby, otherwise the rot might have started to set in after the long unbeaten run. Now, we have to win a few away games, including a couple of real toughies at Stamford Bridge and a revitalised Anfield - drop too many points over the next four and it could change the course of the title. Get through this period without too much damage and get a result at the Emirates (a draw would do) and we look in good shape.

----------

True. You maybe in better form than us in terms of winning games but your performance isn't exactly setting the world alight, let alone in the Premier League.

----------

I certainly hope so although I think City will still go through anyway.

And if things go according to plan in the FA Cup tomorrow, all Premier League teams should go through and then, there might be one or two big matches in the Quarter Finals.

Yeah - City will win I'm sure of that. Maybe if it was my Fifa 11 Notts County side, they'd have a chance. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread