English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm that should seal his fate then. No complains. Just about serves him right.

Btw, surely Lindegaard's a better first choice goalie than De Gea? 5 games, 5 clean sheets in his United career definitely suggests so...

Really couldn't be bothered to read all of that - what was the key part?

About De Gea, I think you're right. Regardless of the statistics, Lindegaard just looks more solid to me. De Gea needs to sort it out and quick - but you can't just blame him today. We were rubbish. Nani - I don't know what the hell he was on - but he was all over the place!! Berba had another good day - apart from giving away the penalty. So infuriating! Chances are now, City will be three points clear after their game.

I like both of them and I think De Gea has been harshly treated. De Gea is the more talented but Lindegaard has more confidence right now.

Really couldn't be bothered to read all of that - what was the key part?

FA body found Luis Suarez's evidence in Evra case to be unreliable - ESPN Soccernet

Our findings of fact which are directly relevant to the Charge are as follows: (1) In response to Mr Evra's question 'F*****g hell, why did you kick me,' Mr Suarez said 'Because you are black'.

"(2) In response to Mr Evra's comment 'Say it to me again, I'm going to punch you,' Mr Suarez said 'I don't speak to blacks'.

"(3) In response to Mr Evra's comment: 'Okay, now I think I'm going to punch you,' Mr Suarez said 'Okay, blackie, blackie, blackie'.

What the hell. :facepalm

Just to be sure, have they actually got proof that Suarez said those things? Last I heard at least, there were no video evidences of any of the 10 incidences Evra claimed.

Liverpool have been given until January 13 to respond, meaning Suarez will be free to play in their next three games, including their Carling Cup semi-final, first leg trip to Manchester City on January 11.

Yeah, 'cause we really needed him bad for the Carling Cup and the FA Cup matches! :facepalm If he loses his appeal now, it would mean he would miss atleast 2 extra league fixtures than predicted. That includes the trip to Old Trafford!

Racist c**t

I would love to play against him next match,, he would get some un wanted attention from the studs on boots..

Have that :mad

Just to be sure, have they actually got proof that Suarez said those things?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16375963.stm

Yes.

"It was, for the most part, consistent, although both he and Mr Suarez were understandably unable to remember every detail of the exchanges between them.

"Mr Suarez's evidence was unreliable in relation to matters of critical importance. It was, in part, inconsistent with the evidence, especially the video footage.

"For example, Mr Suarez said that he pinched Mr Evra's skin in an attempt to defuse the situation. He also said that his use of the word 'negro' to address Mr Evra was conciliatory and friendly. We rejected that evidence.

"To describe his own behaviour in that way was unsustainable and simply incredible given that the players were engaged in an acrimonious argument.

"That this was put forward by Mr Suarez was surprising and seriously undermined the reliability of his evidence on other matters.

"There were also inconsistencies between his accounts given at different times as to what happened."

Suarez was found guilty on the "balance of probability" - a lower standard than the criminal standard of "beyond all reasonable doubt".

According to the report, Evra admitted that he begun the exchange with Suarez by referring to the Uruguayan's sister in Spanish.

The report added: "After the referee Andre Marriner separated them, Mr Suarez said that he turned to Mr Evra and said, 'Por que, negro?'
Also in the report
Continue reading the main story

Suarez claims he used the term "negro" to address Manchester City's Yaya Toure last season
The report says that Damien Comolli and Dirk Kuyt's statements contradict Suarez's
Dirk Kuyt says Patrice Evra claimed he had been booked by referee Andre Marriner because he "was black"

"He [Suarez] said that he used the word 'negro' at this point in the way that he did when he was growing up in Uruguay, that is as a friendly form of address to people seen as black or brown-skinned or even just black-haired.

"He [Suarez] said that he used it in the same way that he did when he spoke to Glen Johnson, the Liverpool player.

"He [Suarez] said in no way was the use of the word 'negro' intended to be offensive or to be racially offensive. It was intended as an attempt at conciliation."

The entire conversation took place in Spanish and linguistic experts Professor Peter Wade and Dr James Scorer helped the panel with the meaning of the phrases.

The commission added: "In our judgment, Mr Suarez's use of the term [negro] was not intended as an attempt at conciliation or to establish rapport; neither was it meant in a conciliatory and friendly way."

In the report, Suarez claimed: "I would refer to Glen Johnson as 'negro' in the same way that I might refer to Dirk Kuyt as 'Blondie' - because he has blond hair, or Andy Carroll as 'Grandote' - 'Big Man' - because he is very tall.

"Where I come from it is normal to refer to people in this way by reference to what they look like. There is no aggression in referring to somebody in this way and there is certainly no racial connotation."

Yeah, 'cause we really needed him bad for the Carling Cup and the FA Cup matches! :facepalm If he loses his appeal now, it would mean he would miss atleast 2 extra league fixtures than predicted. That includes the trip to Old Trafford!

So does that mean that City get to play with him in Liverpool's game there? Might be a tough one for City, but I reckon our game at Newcastle will be even tougher. Still can't believe we lost against flippin' Blackburn! We should be three points clear now. Oh well.
It reads: "Our findings of fact which are directly relevant to the Charge are as follows: (1) In response to Mr Evra's question 'F*****g hell, why did you kick me,' Mr Suarez said 'Because you are black'.

"(2) In response to Mr Evra's comment 'Say it to me again, I'm going to punch you,' Mr Suarez said 'I don't speak to blacks'.

"(3) In response to Mr Evra's comment: 'Okay, now I think I'm going to punch you,' Mr Suarez said 'Okay, blackie, blackie, blackie'."

Hmph. That sort of thing has no place in our game whatsoever and it's about time certain countries realised that. Remember the racist chanting by Spanish fans when England or an English team were there a while back?

Racist c**t

I would love to play against him next match,, he would get some un wanted attention from the studs on boots..

Have that :mad

While I appreciate how you feel - I despise racism as well - please remember the Rules about swearing or avoiding the swear filter. Thanks:)

Last edited:
I wonder if Liverpool are now going to release a new statement? :D Shouldn't think so - they wouldn't want to lose face. ;)

City Lost 1-0 :thumbs:thumbs

Yeah, with virtually the last kick of the game! You would've thought I was a Sunderland fan. :D The striker nearly messed it up though - thankfully it fell to him to tap into an empty net. So any damage from yesterday's crap was neutralised and City's goal difference was reduced by one as well. Damn toughie for us on Wednesday though - but our away form has been very good so far this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread