English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Well, the referee made at least 1 mistake. Brown was clearly fouled in the box, and you could also argue that the initial Fletcher 'foul' was a clean tackle, as he did come away with the ball. The ref had a terrible game tbh. United should have had a blatent penalty, and then the Chelski goal shouldn't of counted. Awful. Can't work out how you couldn't see the clear error/s. Those decisions were almost as bad as giving N'Gog a penalty for his impression of Tom Daley.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I can't believe people are still going on about this United/Chelsea game. You'd swear it's the first time a referee has had a shocker. PL refs are amongst the worst in the world and it pisses me off to see United fans playing the "it's not fair we woz robbed" card because they lost. It's not just United who suffer from poor refereeing you know. It's alsoincredibly naive to forget about all the times that poor refereeing has benefited United. Just like it's benefited Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Tottenam, Villa, Everton and the rest of clubs in world football. Get over yourselves, ████ happens.

And to all you United fans who've got the blinkers on and refuse to admit that referees never make mistakes in your favour i've no time for you, so can it.

Last edited:

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
We are united therefore we don't have to blame the ref or Dave, at the end of the day we can still enjoy the fact we're the best.

We're the best around
nothings ever gonna keep us down

PhilD123

International Coach
I can't believe people are still going on about this United/Chelsea game. You'd swear it's the first time a referee has had a shocker. PL refs are amongst the worst in the world and it pisses me off to see United fans playing the "it's not fair we woz robbed" card because they lost. It's not just United who suffer from poor refereeing you know. It's alsoincredibly naive to forget about all the times that poor refereeing has benefited United. Just like it's benefited Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Tottenam, Villa, Everton and the rest of clubs in world football. Get over yourselves, ████ happens.

And to all you United fans who've got the blinkers on and refuse to admit that referees never make mistakes in your favour i've no time for you, so can it.
My last post was a day after the game, when I was right to feel annoyed. Thing is, ref's standards are not gonna improve unless something is said against them, Fergie tries to do that and gets banned (although he should have kept his mouth shut after the Sunderland game, he was nowhere near as bad as Sunday).

Also, if the roles had been reversed, say at Old Trafford, and United got the decisions, then there would be people saying, probably yourself included, "CHEATING UNITED AT OLD TRAFFORD WAH WAH WAH". Not heard this about Stamford Bridge this week, hmmm.:sarcasm

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Also, if the roles had been reversed, say at Old Trafford, and United got the decisions, then there would be people saying, probably yourself included, "CHEATING UNITED AT OLD TRAFFORD WAH WAH WAH". Not heard this about Stamford Bridge this week, hmmm.:sarcasm

When have I ever said anything of the sort? You won't find any examples because it's never happened. I've always accepted that this country's refereeing is crap and it benefit's one's team as much as it hampers them. So don't pin any of this ABU crap on me.

PhilD123

International Coach
"As for the refereeing at Old Trafford, well that's not so class. Nice to know that the opposition still aren't allowed to be given a penalty at Old Trafford."

;)

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
"As for the refereeing at Old Trafford, well that's not so class. Nice to know that the opposition still aren't allowed to be given a penalty at Old Trafford."

;)

I can't believe you actually took the time to scrape out something. Fair play, my hands are in the cookie jar on this one.

pingusten

Club Cricketer
Just a mention for my team Huddersfield Town, scored our 20th goal in 4 home games today with a 6-0 demolition of Wycombe. That's two 4-0's and a 6-1 in the other games! Championship here we come!

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
Van Persie stretchered off against Italy. tweaking fantastic. :D I love pointless tweaking international friendlies. :)

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Tevez is an idiot.

Already contemplating retirement because of fatigue, he's only 25.

You're kidding me - fatigue? He looks to be in better fitness than most players! He probably has to do a lot more running around now he's at City though - no Rooney to share the work-load.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
Well I can list a 100 players who play more often than he does so I either his stamina is extremely low or he is does not know what fatigue means. However from what I had read earlier it was because he wanted to spend more time with his family, which is really a personal choice and concern and no one has the right to comment on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread