English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
No, it could have been a 1-0 Liverpool win. It could have been 5-0 Man United. What I'm saying is that a dive won them the game, if you look at it in a purely factual sense.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
Very naive way of looking it at Treva. You really think if that wasn't a pen the game finishes 0-0 and we take it to Anfield?

I don't think the Giggs one was a penalty. Is this the Shelvey tackle? Pretty sure he got the ball as well? I think the Berbatov one was more of a penalty, it was a rash and stupid challenge from behind the man. I've seen millions of the challenges on Giggs not given in the area. More not given than are given.

I'm not too sure who made the tackle, but it was around the 65th minute during that goalmouth scramble, where Reina made several saves and the Liverpool defenders kept throwing themselves in the way of the ball. The ball came out to Giggs, he side stepped a defender, was caught, and went down. Anyway, you thought the Berbatov one was a penalty - so it makes no difference either way. For me, the Giggs one was more of a penalty, but as you said, it was a rash tackle from behind the man - and in this day and age, any striker will intentionally fall over the outstretched leg. I'm not saying it's a good thing - but it's a fact - that's how strikers work these days.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Can't wait for the derby at the weekend. Missing Cahill is a big blow but the redshite are still there for the taking. COME ON YOU BLUES!

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
Can't wait for the derby at the weekend. Missing Cahill is a big blow but the redshite are still there for the taking. COME ON YOU BLUES!

Continue dreaming . Even a Roy Hodgson Liverpool side would be able to see of the worthless Tofees and you think you guys can get away with all 3 points without timmy cahill and king kenny in charge at Anfield ?? When was the last time you guys won a game at Anfield ?? :rolleyes

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors

I can't express just how delighted I am Cahill won't be playing. And not because I want him with Australia - I don't really care about that. Strongly dislike the lad at club level. ████.

JBlues08

Club Captain
No Cahill and no Gerrard too. Fair enough? :lol

The last time Everton won at Anfield was 12 years ago in 1999 where they beat Liverpool 1-0.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Continue dreaming . Even a Roy Hodgson Liverpool side would be able to see of the worthless Tofees and you think you guys can get away with all 3 points without timmy cahill and king kenny in charge at Anfield ?? When was the last time you guys won a game at Anfield ?? :rolleyes

Listen lad, the redshite can't even win at Anfield anymore. I do apologize for having faith in my team and they're potential ability to win. Very sorry sir, didn't mean to offend your local team eh? Jog on fella.

ARay

County Cricketer

I think the situation Liverpool is right now in, I really would not write Everton completely off.
Saha has begun to click again, Coleman & Baines are good attacking options too. We have Arteta in the midfield to hold it together. I think its not going to be a one sided affair.
Its going to be a cracker of a match! :yes

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman

I would advise against under estimating Everton, especially in a derby game. This season, Everton have held us and got a draw at home to Chelsea, among other notable results.

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
I would advise against under estimating Everton, especially in a derby game. This season, Everton have held us and got a draw at home to Chelsea, among other notable results.
I think the situation Liverpool is right now in, I really would not write Everton completely off.
Saha has begun to click again, Coleman & Baines are good attacking options too. We have Arteta in the midfield to hold it together. I think its not going to be a one sided affair.
Its going to be a cracker of a match

Guys i never wrote them off . All i said was Everton could get away only with a point at the most . Definitely not maximum points especially at Anfield with King Kenny in charge . Anyways , it should be a cracking contest nevertheless .

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
Guys i never wrote them off . All i said was Everton could get away only with a point at the most . Definitely not maximum points especially at Anfield with King Kenny in charge . Anyways , it should be a cracking contest nevertheless .

Only a complete fool would completely write off any team from winning, let alone two teams in the same division.

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
Alright FFS , lets end this discussion here . My bad for totally being confident over a new Liverpool side and expressing my way of looking at the derby :facepalm

P.S : * DISCUSSION ENDS *

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Liverpool FC is so messed up - not only on the pitch, but behind the scenes as well - there are various articles around the net saying so. It'll take more than 'King' Kenny to rectify it and even if he does somehow manage to reverse things, it'll take a long time. Don't Liverpool have a game at Blackpool before the Everton game? That might provide the wake up call their fans need. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread