English Football Thread

Which team will perform beyond expectations this season?

• Total voters

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I'm not criticising you, I am criticising the real glory supporters.
You have a good reason to not attend games and you used to have a season ticket, so yeah you are a proper fan.
I really will criticise and dig into the real glory supporters though who have no connection with the club and have never been to a single game.

Anyway:
Going to games > Watching games on TV
The atmosphere is electric and you don't get any of that from a TV, that is why tickets are costly, the experience is worth every penny.
It's just pretty bad to go round making sweeping statements like that!.Not all fans with no connection to th city are bad but or not proper supporters. Judging millions of people :p Then again i hate fans who have 2nd teams :p

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
I support Arsenal because my Mum supports Arsenal and she was born in Islington. I also support Brentford (my local team) and..well..you know how poor they are :rolleyes:

sachin

International Coach
Anyway,really looking forward to the Premiership starting again.The Off season is terrible...with all these rumours about Thierry and everybody doubting us,i just want us to get a few good signings,and show these un doubting pricks what we can do.C'mon You Gunners!

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
I like the off season, it makes you appreciate how good it is when it comes around, that and the players need a break. I guess it's a lot easier to appreciate when you've already spet 40 million though lol. Rio wants all 4! Don't see it happening, way too hard to compete like that, you saw both unitd and chelsea lose it towards the end of the season. Wish this whole Sheffield united thing would shut up now too, their just losing respect as a club.

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
I like the off season, it makes you appreciate how good it is when it comes around, that and the players need a break. I guess it's a lot easier to appreciate when you've already spet 40 million though lol. Rio wants all 4! Don't see it happening, way too hard to compete like that, you saw both unitd and chelsea lose it towards the end of the season. Wish this whole Sheffield united thing would shut up now too, their just losing respect as a club.

losing? they lost my respect ages ago ;)

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Yeah but West Ham are dirty cockneys who no one likes. They can get relegated to the Ryman for all I care. :)

*Above statement may be a slight generalization.

sachin

International Coach
Yeah,i don't particularly like WHU either...But i agree with the others that Sheffield has lot a great amount of respect over this matter.They are simply not good enough anyway...Heads up to Wigan,who had a lot of heart.The same with Charlton...i have a lot of respect for them.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
I'm talking about the ones who have no ties with the club but go every week. I can be proud of my club knowing that I didn't support them for glory, I had a season ticket from before i can remember but because of "family stuff" i can't go as frequently now; does this make me any less of a supporter? I'm not defending glory fans but without them I doubt football would be as successful and its unfair that 1000's of proper united fans get stick because of these lot. You've no right to judge other fans and that makes you a worse person for it.

I don't come from Manchester, but I support them with all my heart.
Supporting a club isn't just about where you come from, it is about:

How you feel when your team loses. Are you gutted, or not really that bothered? It always puts me on a huge downer whenever Utd lose, especially if it's to one of our main rivals.

How great do you feel when they win? I almost popped my shoulder out when Ole scored that winner in the '99 CL Final!

Do you blow your top and yell at the TV screen when a referee makes a bad decision? I most certainly do!

Do you watch other teams games, just to cheer on anyone who's playing your main rival (and act like Utd have won, when the rival loses?)

Wearing the shirt with pride!

Finally, how long have you been supporting them? I started supporting Utd just after the Italia 1990 World Cup. That was when I really started getting into football and I'll support them until I'm no longer around!
I admit, when I first started supporting them, I was probably your typical glory hunting kid. But over the years, I've developed a real love for the team and I believe my level of support is just the same as anyone lucky enough to live near Old Trafford!

That's what supporting a team is about when it's all said and done, not where you come from!

In fact, the only way to tell a true glory hunter is when they support a team one minute and then jump to someone else (just because they're winning). That sort of thing really annoys me. As I always tell my nephew: You have to pick a team, local or not, and support them through thick and thin.

Last edited:

PhilD123

International Coach
Yeah but West Ham are dirty cockneys who no one likes. They can get relegated to the Ryman for all I care. :)
Exactly! Any decent football fan should want the arbitration panel to say that West Ham will be going down!

And yeah the off season is good, its very true what Joes says, it increases the excitement come the opening day of the season.

Users who are viewing this thread