English Football Thread

Which team will perform beyond expectations this season?

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 11215

i hate this talk about not being a 'real' fan. a real fan is someone who supports a team, personally i dont need anyone telling me how good or badly i support a club its my view and im intitled to it so i dont see the problem.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
A real fan is someone who attends games of their local team and wears the shirt with pride.
Sorry but how can someone living in a different city, not attending games and only checking results be a real fan?

I suppose this is a cricket site so there won't be many true football fans...

I live about 15 minutes from Carrow Road, but I don't go to every game. As much of my family as I can think of are Norwich fans, my Dad went to every single home game last season. To me, there's a certain feeling I get when Norwich are playing. I get the same thing with England. Absolute joy when we win, absolute devastation when we lose. Unless you get that feeling in my opinion, you're not a true fan.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
A real fan is someone who attends games of their local team and wears the shirt with pride.
Sorry but how can someone living in a different city, not attending games and only checking results be a real fan?

Thats just rubbish. Football has fans and followers from all across the globe. You cant expect people residing in other countries to attend the games can you?

Unfortunately there is absolutely no "truth" in your statement. I agree with what skateboarded said. You support the team that gives you that feeling when you see them play. Doesnt matter where you are at the time.

Jaztheman

Chairman of Selectors

Sorry but i have to agree with M_Vaughan, i don't attend Chelsea or Pompey games but i still support them through thick and thin(Popmey survival 2 seasons ago) but i go down to my local club but i think people are true fans if they follow their football news of the team or they have a bad feeling when they lose or good feeling when they win.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
Everyone has their opinions and I think it really is sad to support teams you that are winning everything when you do not live in the city, that is purely glory hunting and there is no justification for it whatsoever.

You do not need to support a team thats winning everything. I was a Chelsea fan when we used to fight for European spots, when we are in a lot of financial debt. Hell, I probably cherished the 4th place finish in the season of 2002-03 (went down to the last day - decider against liverpool) more than any of our titles.

I have also been a die hard fan of Spain, the perennial "underachievers". I backed Fiorentina when they were playing in Serie C2.

Ok enough of this. The point is there is no connection between how your team is doing and where you stay.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
So you think there is no connection between the rise in the amount of people in Chelsea shirts only in the last 3 years and rise in the amount of games/titles Chelsea have won in the last 3 years? So you think that all those people who have suddenly turned into Chelsea fans recently are true football fans just the same as people who have been going to games?

Not what I meant. What I said was that there are fans who dont/cant go to the games but still support the team as much as those who do.

D

Deleted member 13648

Sorry but i have to agree with M_Vaughan, i don't attend Chelsea or Pompey games but i still support them through thick and thin(Popmey survival 2 seasons ago) but i go down to my local club but i think people are true fans if they follow their football news of the team or they have a bad feeling when they lose or good feeling when they win.

Does that include coming home on a Thursday evening and lobbing your school-bag at the wall leaving a huge dent because you found out that Newcastle were knocked out of the Uefa Cup by some Norweigen side? :p

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Well I fancy Norwich for the top 8. Hopefully we can get in the play offs.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
Does that include coming home on a Thursday evening and lobbing your school-bag at the wall leaving a huge dent because you found out that Newcastle were knocked out of the Uefa Cup by some Norweigen side? :p

I remember doing something similar when Chelsea were knocked out of the Uefa Cup by Viking!!

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
No, United "fans" who don't attend games and don't live in Manchester care more about United than I care about Coventry.
I attended all home games apart from 5 I think and that was because of holidays and other commitments.
I know there are always going to be glory supporters but I can hold my head up and be proud for my City and enjoy the atmosphere while they sit on their backsides at home. I bet the little twats would be getting City shirts and going to games if we became Champions League winners.
Overall, I AM getting more enjoyment from football than glory non-attenders.
I'm talking about the ones who have no ties with the club but go every week. I can be proud of my club knowing that I didn't support them for glory, I had a season ticket from before i can remember but because of "family stuff" i can't go as frequently now; does this make me any less of a supporter? I'm not defending glory fans but without them I doubt football would be as successful and its unfair that 1000's of proper united fans get stick because of these lot. You've no right to judge other fans and that makes you a worse person for it.

Users who are viewing this thread