English Football Thread

Which team will perform beyond expectations this season?

• Total voters

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
not every game and when he has been played out of position he's played with Crouch and he needs pace not some massive donkey

I don't rate Crouch as an international player and his being in the team just makes us play the long-ball game too much.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Who do you think should be England's manager? I agree about McClown/McDonut! He is the wrong man for the job, he's nothing but a hangover from the Sven era (at least Sven knew how to qualify!!!!). I'd welcome Venables back with open arms!

Have you been to New Wembley yet? It's absolutely awesome, I saw a George Michael concert there last Saturday (you only realise what a legend he is when you've heard him live) and hopefully I'll be seeing an England game there before too long. They've really done a fantastic job, you have the best part of 100,000 people going into and out of that place, yet not once does it feel too crowded. Great design and great stadium!

D

Deleted member 11215

one has visited the spectacle that is indeed wembley. one was stunned when he entered the ground placed his eyes upon the wonderful view. On the McClaren issue one believes that he has the required capabilites to carry england and on the same subject one believes there is no manager on the market who could do the job in a superior fashion to the current management.

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
I'm not arguing with Crouches record but I really doubt he's going to do it for England when it matters, like in a world cup quarter final V Brazil, I can see the argument for him but when Owen gets back its got to be him and Rooney. As for Wembley i stil think it looks poo, seats shouldn't be red and what was the point n dumping an arch on top? Could have spent it on extra seats,meaining happier fans. We're there to watch football not some poncy arch

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
Rooney hasn't really turned up for England since Euro 2004 has he? Same for Owen (although he has scored a few goals, not really stood out)
They get picked by their name not their form.
Admittedy so but give them a proper run in the team and you will see the rewards. They have the names for a reason.

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
Rooney has played almost every England game in the last 4 years apart from when he has been suspended/injured so that isn't really the case and Owen has played for the last 9 years except for injuries so they have had their fair run in the side and neither has been clinical enough for my liking in the last few years.
I will admit that when on form, both can be world class.
They had found their form together again before they were hit by the usual wrld cup injurys. Both played well v the Argies and a couple of other games iirc

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
Rooney and Owen compliment eachother. One likes making runs and the other likes creating chances and playing off the main striker. We should give them a go.

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
McClaren will never drop either when fit anyway but Owen's scores a fair few headed goals.

Also @ a mod if we're not getting a new thread for the new season then the 1st post is wrong and we need a new poll

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
I'm not arguing with Crouches record but I really doubt he's going to do it for England when it matters, like in a world cup quarter final V Brazil, I can see the argument for him but when Owen gets back its got to be him and Rooney. As for Wembley i stil think it looks poo, seats shouldn't be red and what was the point n dumping an arch on top? Could have spent it on extra seats,meaining happier fans. We're there to watch football not some poncy arch

Have you even been to the new Wembley yet? How big do you want it, 150,000?? I think 90,000 places it among the very best stadiums in the whole world and have to disagree with your opinion that it looks 'poo'. Did you ever go to old Wembley? Admittedly, getting in and out was a bit of a nightmare, but the atmosphere was unsurpassed. Also, wait until you see that arch at night when it's all lit up before judging it. When you first catch sight of the stadium on the train, it looks like some huge spaceship. Magnificent and I cannot wait to see a football match there.
You're entitled to your opinion, I just disagree that's all! :)

As far as your point about Crouch goes, I couldn't agree more. He might score lots of goals against teams such as Jamaica, but in the bigger games, he just hasn't got what it takes in my opinion. We have better strikers available to us and we should use them.

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
yes i have been to the old wembley. For me 10 more fans in the ground is better than any number of architectural (?) awards. It's a football stadium primarily.

Users who are viewing this thread