English Football Thread

Which team will perform beyond expectations this season?

• Total voters

PhilD123

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Rooney hasn't scored many hat-tricks against top teams has he? Has he at all?
Fenerbache? Bolton at the Reebok (Not a top team but a difficult place to go).

yes i have been to the old wembley. For me 10 more fans in the ground is better than any number of architectural (?) awards. It's a football stadium primarily.
And a concert hall, and a rugby ground etc. As much as I think, the more fans in there the better. You've spent however many billion on it. You want it to look nice, and the arch helps that.

About Rooney, no he doesn't play on the wing as such, but he does play very deep and out wide. If you give him a run, just off the striker, then he'll produce the goods for you. Owen is a decent header of the ball.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Fenerbache? Bolton at the Reebok (Not a top team but a difficult place to go).

And a concert hall, and a rugby ground etc. As much as I think, the more fans in there the better. You've spent however many billion on it. You want it to look nice, and the arch helps that.

About Rooney, no he doesn't play on the wing as such, but he does play very deep and out wide. If you give him a run, just off the striker, then he'll produce the goods for you. Owen is a decent header of the ball.

It'll pay for itself in no time, what with the ticket prices, food, merchandise etc. As for the arch, it makes it stand out, it makes it unique and personally, I quite like it! I wasn't sure at first, but when I saw it for myself, my mind was made up.

Last edited:

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
got city 3 days after munich 50th anniversary, that was clever :rolleyes: Reading 1st game at home should be a nice start as with all the top teams although liverpools looks a little tricky but they should still win it. Liverpool Chelsea very near the start of the year :)

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
Most people who support a top club will have ties with it, i used to live there and be a season ticket holder but now i go to see united less frequently i get tons of unfair stick for it. As for the premiership the fact only 4 teams can win it doesn't make watching the games any less exciting and we all know anyone can win on their day. Just because you say someone isn't a football fan doesn't stop them being a football fan

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
The Premiership sucks, just like the SPL which everyone thinks sucks.
Only 4 teams who have any sort of chance of winning (Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool & Chelsea) The SPL has about half as many teams and half as many teams dominating, which means they are both nearly equally as biased and boring!
I don't know why everyone thinks it is so great, it just leads people to support teams like Man Utd and Chelsea instead of their local team.
It annoys the hell out of me that people live in Coventry and support Man Utd even though they have never been to Manchester in their lives!

You are not a football fan at all if you don't go to all/most of your teams home games, you are just a pure score checker and glory hunter. Fair enough, it is alright to be a fan of the top teams if you go to their games and live in the city.

The Championship is much more exciting! Anyone can beat anyone and the fans are true ones, not plastic glory hunters! If Coventry got promoted it wouldn't be as enjoyable to watch them, seriously.

I disagree. The Premiership is the best football league competition in the world because it is where the finest players play. It is also very exciting as although the championship is only likely to be won by Manchester United, Chelsea, Arsenal or Liverpool, the battle for qualification to the Champions League and UEFA Cup is fantastic, not to mention the relegation dogfight.
By your logic, I am a glory hunter or a score checker. I haven't been to any of Norwich's home matches since they were relegated from the Premiership, yet I am an avid fan, I always have been. Do supporters really need to go to all of their team's home matches?

PhilD123

International Coach
It'll pay for itself in no time, what with the ticket prices, food, merchandise etc. As for the arch, it makes it stand out, it makes it unique and personally, I quite like it! I wasn't sure at first, but when I saw it for myself, my mind was made up.
Yeah I agree.

got city 3 days after munich 50th anniversary,
Yep very clever. Luckily it is at OT, so the City fans won't be so daring to have a go.

I disagree with you Madman on that. The fact that 3 of the 4 clubs in the CL Semi-finals were English, showed that we certainly cant have a bad league.

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
Only 4 teams being capable doesn't make it boring.I'm not exactly a fan of those who sit there munching their prawn sandwiches but because I don't attend every game you think I'm not a proper fan? I doubt you've ever attended over 40 games in a season, i doubt you've ever travelled to Juventus to see your team. People supporting big clubs is going to happen so you might as well accept it like everyone else has, after all if they didn't have their support they wouldn't be big clubs, even if you have no real affinity with the club i bet there are non mancs who care more about united than you do about coventry

PhilD123

International Coach
I don't think you are a supporter or fan if you do not attend games
This isn't me personally, as I have a season ticket at Old Trafford. But some people either cant afford to get to games with inflated prices nowadays and also, some people are on the waiting lists for season tickets.

PhilD123

International Coach
Fair enough if you cannot afford the prices but the prices at Coventry are very affordable yet some people decide to sit at home and watch Chelsea on Sky (When Sky is just as expensive as going to games...).
Chelski is a bad example because they are gloryhunters:p...but if say I didn't have a season ticket at United. I wouldn't just support another team because I can go to their matches. United is in the blood for me and I couldn't support another team.

Users who are viewing this thread