Favourite games for P.C. and PS1/PS2

sangamm, I have preview footage of enter the matrix and the game looks stunning, the bits where the game deliberately slows down in the fighting elements where they go all blurry, its really effective and should be a big hit when it comes out in July
:band:

I'm still finding new games but I recommend Pro Evolution Soccer 2 for anyone (even if you're a cricket fan and not a football lover),it has incredibale graphics and real life movements.You'll never find a more realistic game than this. (apart from Fifa 2003 but that doesn't have many options and practice and stuff)If you are a new buyer,then practice your way to the top in the improved Practice mode.Also,you can edit the teams(but not thier nationality)and create your own players and give them international qualification!(You can't edit anything in Fifa 2003 apart from buying new players)Get into the Master League mode where you can buy new players and create your own team and edit their shirt numbers.(you can also edit the kit of an original team)There are also a lot of cups to win and secrets to unlock including the classic world and european teams (the original ones are already there but you need to unlock the ability to play them in exhebition mode)and new player faces and the classic teams of England,Italy,Germany,France,Brazil and the Netherlands.

So buy this game,you will not be dissapointed!

Regards
Auwais

Auwais...my biggest problem with Pro Evo games is this.....

"Ravoldi...Roberto Larcos...Esermon...Butatista...Gregs (giggs?)..."

Also, the commentary..the first game was awful commentary "the wind is shooting through the stadium"...but pro evo 2 is worse! Peter brackley is dire...its almost pantomime stuff..."Well its hit the post but the ball didn't go in the net...?!!"...

The graphics are more colourful than the first pro evo which is great. I agree that the pitch action is definitely better than fifa 2003 (which i suppose is the sticking point for any game at the end of the day) as the players reactions are much faster than previously, in the first evo players reacted like snails to your button bashing so the games improved there anyway

One thing I will ask you Auwais...do you find that sometimes the opposition pass the ball back to the keeper?? Now these are'nt deflections, they are proper touches back to the keeper..so Konami need to sort the rules of the game out..as well as the commentary...so hopefully the next game will be an even more marked improvement

thanks and regards
sonic

Originally posted by sonic@May 1 2003, 05:50 PM
Auwais...my biggest problem with Pro Evo games is this.....

"Ravoldi...Roberto Larcos...Esermon...Butatista...Gregs (giggs?)..."

Also, the commentary..the first game was awful commentary "the wind is shooting through the stadium"...but pro evo 2 is worse! Peter brackley is dire...its almost pantomime stuff..."Well its hit the post but the ball didn't go in the net...?!!"...

The graphics are more colourful than the first pro evo which is great. I agree that the pitch action is definitely better than fifa 2003 (which i suppose is the sticking point for any game at the end of the day) as the players reactions are much faster than previously, in the first evo players reacted like snails to your button bashing so the games improved there anyway

One thing I will ask you Auwais...do you find that sometimes the opposition pass the ball back to the keeper?? Now these are'nt deflections, they are proper touches back to the keeper..so Konami need to sort the rules of the game out..as well as the commentary...so hopefully the next game will be an even more marked improvement

thanks and regards
sonic
:lol: Butatista!I know!But the second one is improved a bit.But the rules are that fi the player passes it to the keeper and he handles it,it's an indirect free kick in the box.So the rules are fine but the names are awful!Especially the brazilians!But forgetting the names,the game is good.

Regards
Auwais

Yeah, to be fair i'm not a fan of the "fifa machine" which churns out annual rubbish...although the 2003 edition was the best since fifa 98 which is the best as it has EVERY international team in the world on it and you can compete for the world cup right from the qualifiers up to the finals (the 2002 edition had the qualifiers only)...its the one with beckham on the front cover (so you will love it :D) and you can get it for a fiver these days easily. Is pro evo 2 on PC yet?? i sold my ps2 a few months back and really need some footie action...oh and do try Red Card football...its REALLY funny, basically its football, but with less of the rules...the game is actually very fluid and of course, some of the tackles etc are top drawer (KEANO!!) :lol:

Auwais...If you liked GT3 on PS2 then you will love Colin McRae 2. It will take you ages to complete as it is loaded with game modes and the challenge will keep you going for weeks and weeks. You can buy it now for a fiver and runs fine with XP...you can get from here..

http://www.gamesplanet.co.uk/?AFC=S33&FORM...08f3eff4ab1d204

Worth every penny - all the cars are rally cars, but this game is a dream, probably on a par with GT cos it is timeless, definitely worth a look.

No.There isn't a PC version ( :down: ) but that doesn't make much difference (well for me).I've read the review for Red Card but I wouldn't fancie it.I know it's funny and stuff
but what you want is an up to date game full of options like Pro Evo 2.The club teams are wrong but if you win the Konami Cup with a club team,you unlock this option which changes what the commentater calls the team.Bad luck,sonic.But hopefully,Konami should launch a new batch of footie games on PC.I think Fifa is okay but 2003 had a lack of options,like practice,appearance,shirt number and statistics changing.The players were not really like themselves and the tackles and passes were not realistic either.The way the ball rioherted of another player never looked realistic,in fact,it looked like cartoons.

Fifa :down:
Pro Evo :up:

Also,if you have a ps1 or 2 buy Iss Pro Evolution Soccer 2,it is old ut the game is as good as the new one.

Regards
Auwais

Originally posted by sonic@May 1 2003, 08:06 PM
Auwais...If you liked GT3 on PS2 then you will love Colin McRae 2. It will take you ages to complete as it is loaded with game modes and the challenge will keep you going for weeks and weeks. You can buy it now for a fiver and runs fine with XP...you can get from here..

http://www.gamesplanet.co.uk/?AFC=S33&FORM...08f3eff4ab1d204

Worth every penny - all the cars are rally cars, but this game is a dream, probably on a par with GT cos it is timeless, definitely worth a look.
It is out of stock though,but I'll give it a try when they have stock.

Player names are ok in Winning Eleven 6 version!!
But the commentry is in japansese so it sucks
"Beckham chings tiye wang...lol"

Auwais,
there's a host of downloads for FIFA 2003 to enhance the game; kits, all graphics, balls, adboards, editors to change tactics, line-ups, in game strategies, add new teams etc. Chau Le has even been drafted in by EA to make an updated Creation Centre, although I haven't tried it out yet. The gameplay can also be improved by d/l some of the gameplay patches, although it still has that 'scripted' feel to it. Check out FIFA2003.com.
Sonic, I agree about CMR 2. A great game, the cars handle really realistically ( differently for different surfaces), the graphics are great, and I like the way that the car gradually deteriorates as you catch trees, fences etc (wingmirrors hang off, rear screen cracks, one back light won't work etc). I used to have a Seat Cordoba, so guess what car I use? You can also d/l new skins for the cars from various websites.
The option to race against the other cars is good fun too.

WOW games at that site you posted are cheap as Sonic. Colin McRae Rally 2 costs something like $80 (australian) in australia and there it only costs :huh: , um well a lot less.................... i dont know the difference between
Aus Dollar and Pounds :lol:

Originally posted by radaga@May 2 2003, 11:40 AM
WOW games at that site you posted are cheap as Sonic. Colin McRae Rally 2 costs something like $80 (australian) in australia and there it only costs :huh: , um well a lot less.................... i dont know the difference between
Aus Dollar and Pounds :lol:
:lol: Tell me about it!It's funny the difference between two difference currencies!
?5 is definately cheap.

radaga, basically a fiver is 13 aussie dollars. Yes, very cheap...games bought in england used to be the most expensive in the world, but the internet has really brought things down..I bought toca race driver the other day on the net for ?20 (thats $52) in the shopping center you will pay double that on average...everyone should buy with confidence on the net as the prices are just mind boggling

thanks
sonic

Originally posted by sonic@May 2 2003, 08:07 PM
radaga, basically a fiver is 13 aussie dollars. Yes, very cheap...games bought in england used to be the most expensive in the world, but the internet has really brought things down..I bought toca race driver the other day on the net for ?20 (thats $52) in the shopping center you will pay double that on average...everyone should buy with confidence on the net as the prices are just mind boggling

thanks
sonic
Yeah I agree.If your going to buy a game,buy it on the internet.It's cheaper and is faster to order.I am still thinking of the Colin McRae 2.If they have stock I'm going to buy a copy.

FACT:Always buy of the internet unless it's cheaper in the shops

Regards
Auwais

:afro:

my list
sonic 1,2 (genesis)
sf2 turbo (genesis)
metal gear solid (psx)
toca race driver (psx)
iss pe (psx)
blc (psx)
fear effect(psx)