Favourite games for P.C. and PS1/PS2

I watched Saving Private Ryan for the 3rd time on Saturday, and it's just as good as the first time. Those Omaha beach landing scenes are unbelievable; must be as close to the real thing as is possible on film. Just gives you some sense of how awful it must have been.
Is anyone into Band Of Brothers? If you haven't seen the series, and you like Saving PR, it's a must see. 50 odd quid well spent last Xmas for the DVD box set :) .

Also sonic, I agree about The Green Mile, another excellent film. One of those rare occasions where the film is as good as the book.

Originally posted by jonah@May 12 2003, 06:06 PM
I watched Saving Private Ryan for the 3rd time on Saturday, and it's just as good as the first time. Those Omaha beach landing scenes are unbelievable; must be as close to the real thing as is possible on film. Just gives you some sense of how awful it must have been.
Is anyone into Band Of Brothers? If you haven't seen the series, and you like Saving PR, it's a must see. 50 odd quid well spent last Xmas for the DVD box set :) .

Also sonic, I agree about The Green Mile, another excellent film. One of those rare occasions where the film is as good as the book.
Yes, good call Jonah :D Band of Brothers is excellent, well, what I saw of it anyway. I was watching it on tv, but missed some of it.
I would also like to get the DVD box set. :up:

hi bomber,
BoB on DVD is well worth the money IMO. As well as the series (10 episodes), you get the making of BoB (excellent to see how the special effects are done), interviews with the vets, as well as other extras.

Originally posted by jonah@May 12 2003, 07:31 PM
hi bomber,
BoB on DVD is well worth the money IMO. As well as the series (10 episodes), you get the making of BoB (excellent to see how the special effects are done), interviews with the vets, as well as other extras.
Thanks Jonah, I will go out and get it. It's good to get feedback from others before you buy. :D

Thanks again,
bomber.

Saving Private Ryan, not bad.

if you guys want REAL war action? Look for a series called "Castors"
Kiev defense operation. Battle of Rostov. Sumy-Khar'kov operation, and plenty more in that series of tapes. there 5 all up :chair:

Originally posted by Auwais BARTHEZ@May 11 2003, 05:32 PM
I think gone in sixty seconds was good too.And Scorpion king.
you have really bad taste :lol:

Originally posted by crout@May 13 2003, 05:39 AM
Originally posted by Auwais BARTHEZ@May 11 2003, 05:32 PM
I think gone in sixty seconds was good too.And Scorpion king.
you have really bad taste :lol:
:lol: LOL :D

Although I haven't played too many games, my favourite games are-
1) Brian Lara Cricket
2) The Sims
3) Max Payne
4) Colin McRae Rally 2.0
5) Superbike 2001

Originally posted by QuickFire@May 21 2003, 12:48 PM
Although I haven't played too many games, my favourite games are-
1) Brian Lara Cricket
2) The Sims
3) Max Payne
4) Colin McRae Rally 2.0
5) Superbike 2001
good choices there mate. I've played all these except the rally one

There are some very famous games among the true gamers around the world which includes the likes of -
Quake 3 Arena
Unreal Tournament etc.

To tell you the truth, I don't like them at all. :lol:

Originally posted by bomber@May 22 2003, 01:07 PM
Whats Max Payne like? Is it worth buying? :)

Thanks,
bomber
I've seen Max Payne but haven't played it. But I can tell you it's one heck of a game! :ice: It's about a man called Max Payne.He's a half-cop half-citizen (i think).The game is a bit like Grand Theft but without the cars.It's got loads of guns and stuff and an exciting plot.
My rating: 9/10

Auwais

Originally posted by bomber@May 22 2003, 10:07 AM
Whats Max Payne like? Is it worth buying? :)

Thanks,
bomber
MAX PAYNE is worth more than buying...

The story is about a detective called Max Payne whose wife have been killed by someone. Max Payne's role is played by you and your job is to find out the culprit and uncover the truth. The story is divided into well planned chapters and you'll truly love the storyline and gameplay and the manner in which it is represented.

The graphics are awesome and you don't even need a power house PC to enjot the game graphics to the fullest. The music blends with the story and is really out of this world. The actions are superb just like an 'John Woo' movie. There's a bullet time mode which gives you 'The Matrix' effect. Each and every element is just outstanding.

This is a collector's item in my view and no gamer should miss it. I'll like others to add more to this.

My favourite games of all time:

1) Tekken 4 PS2 (10/10)
2) Unreal Tournament PC (10/10)
3) Tekken Tag Tournament PS2 (9/10)
4) Red Alert 2 PC (9/10)
5) ICC 2001 PC (8/10)
6) Brian Lara Cricket 99 PC (7/10) :karind:

My favourite games----
1.)Prince of Persia ..1 and 2...POP 3d Sukz
2.)Tropico
3.)Brian Lara Cricket
4.)President Elect