FOOTBALL Fifa 11

Will you buy FIFA 11?

• Total voters

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
scion_sid thats mine id

SciD added 0 Minutes and 22 Seconds later...

Keep me in easy group.

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
We'll probably just do a small league really, then everyone will play everyone and people can improve.

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
PS3 Tourny:
Ollie_H - Ollie_H
SciD - scion_sid
Dr. Pepper - Mani-the-best
PaulNixon1 - Dan_H_456

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Free kick advice anyone?

Hehe, my area of expertise! It has sort of been changed in FIFA 11 to make it harder, but in FIFA 09 and FIFA 10 I used to score from every freekick 30 metres and closer and I scored over 50% in FIFA 11 demo from this range using this strategy.

Use someone with good free kicks, obviously. Angle the left stick diagonally forward either left or right, and aim it at about the post or just outside the post, so it'll get a touch of curve and get into the goal.

Something that's very important is how much you weight the kick, i.e. how long you hold down the shoot button. This takes a LOT of practice, so go into practice mode and practice from different ranges, you will then get a feel for how long you should hold down the button.

I find it's impossible to curl the ball around the wall, so get enough power into your shot so you can get it curving over the wall. This is why you hold the left stick diagonally forward. It curls the ball over the wall. The keeper is always closer to one post than the other, aim near the post he is further from.

When you've got a kick just outside the box, it's a bit different. Beating the wall will guarantee you the goal so long as it's on target, but that happens to be incredibly hard. I find it easier to either do a finesse shot on the side of the goal where there is no wall, or just a regular shot. With the former, you're looking for the bottom corner and you're looking for the top corner with the latter.

Other than that, there's not much to it. You should take all freekicks pretty much in the same way. It's hard to explain it too well, but if you don't understand anything I'll try and explain it better.

P Squared

International Coach
Hehe, my area of expertise! It has sort of been changed in FIFA 11 to make it harder, but in FIFA 09 and FIFA 10 I used to score from every freekick 30 metres and closer and I scored over 50% in FIFA 11 demo from this range using this strategy.

Use someone with good free kicks, obviously. Angle the left stick diagonally forward either left or right, and aim it at about the post or just outside the post, so it'll get a touch of curve and get into the goal.

Something that's very important is how much you weight the kick, i.e. how long you hold down the shoot button. This takes a LOT of practice, so go into practice mode and practice from different ranges, you will then get a feel for how long you should hold down the button.

I find it's impossible to curl the ball around the wall, so get enough power into your shot so you can get it curving over the wall. This is why you hold the left stick diagonally forward. It curls the ball over the wall. The keeper is always closer to one post than the other, aim near the post he is further from.

When you've got a kick just outside the box, it's a bit different. Beating the wall will guarantee you the goal so long as it's on target, but that happens to be incredibly hard. I find it easier to either do a finesse shot on the side of the goal where there is no wall, or just a regular shot. With the former, you're looking for the bottom corner and you're looking for the top corner with the latter.

Other than that, there's not much to it. You should take all freekicks pretty much in the same way. It's hard to explain it too well, but if you don't understand anything I'll try and explain it better.

Thanks for the help.:)

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Hi guys,

There is a patch out for Fifa 11 PC - it appears to be the official patch, but not officially released yet, so there will be problems getting online with it. The 'official' release is 21:00 GMT (presumably).

Here's a link to the patch if you want to try it out:

http://static.cdn.ea.com/fifa/u/f/FIFA11_PATCH101.exe

Ian Jarvis (the PC producer has confirmed it's the official patch).

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Here's the official changelog:

The download brings a number of enhancements for the game, and will improve the following:

* The end-match crash in Manager Mode and Exhibition Match.
* The Manager Mode crash when using Peterborough Club.
* Teams in Manager Mode that were appearing in the incorrect leagues. Note: This will not work for Manager Mode saves that you have in progress, only new ones that you start after installing the patch.
* The Manager Mode in-game scoreboard location when in widescreen mode and using a league other than England.
* The Manager Mode in-game scoreboard location when Olympique Lyonnais are used.
* The weather pattern randomizer in Manager Mode.
* Two users playing on the same team if you enter the online mode with the mouse.
* Online Head to Head matches where the in-game scoreboard location was sometimes too low on the screen.
* Users being able to control the opponent CPU with a second controller after backing out of a Ranked Online match.
* Users who did not receive a DNF% on the Head to Head Leaderboards when pressing ALT + F4.
* Highlight replays video stuttering.
* NIS (Non-Interactive Sequence) stuttering.
* Improvement for keyboard users who were not able to access the in-game Controller Settings.
* A work around for video stuttering on ATI video cards (until a new driver is released).
* Correction to Lincoln City kit sponsors.
* Correction to Zenit St. Petersburg third kit.
* Correction to Montpellier kit sponsors.

So far, the only thing I've noticed is two hard crashes while playing, since I installed the patch. The lag isn't fixed - a less than fantastic start for the new patch. :(

Last edited:

P Squared

International Coach
Well I went over to the official FIFA 11 forums, saw the patch thread and noticed that people were getting more bugs with this patch.
So, should I even download this?

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
For me, the patch has improved the game - under Win XP. Under Win 7, I'm getting too many crashes, under Win XP, I've only had one in about twelve games or more. My money is on a driver issue with Win 7.

It's hard to say how the gameplay is improved, it's very subtle and some people might not even register it at all, you have to check it out yourself I suppose. :)

P Squared

International Coach
Well even after applying the patch the game crashes, EA really need to sort this out.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Are you running under XP? I've gone well over a season now without a single crash. Also, check your video drivers - it was crashing a lot under Win 7, so I tried new drivers and it hasn't crashed since. I'm running under Win XP though because that way I get lag and crash free gameplay. :)

For me, the primary annoyances are the defensive lines (they're way too high) and the keepers' inability to hold onto weak shots. Sort those two out (and maybe tone down the AI pressure a little) and Fifa 11's on pitch gameplay is all I need from a football game. :)

Users who are viewing this thread