First Screenshots Released

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Speaking of just the mocap videos released on youtube, i just checked out that video again and the dude doing the mocap truely is horrible at it and his movement looks eerily similar to the previous games's animation. Just look at the part where he dives to catch a ball one handed at 1:30. I have never seen a person trying to catch a ball like that. Not saying the game will have those animations as they said they have used multiple cricketers for mo cap.

raghavhari

School Cricketer
but if I was 505 games I would have picked better ones to show of the game after a hell of a long wait. Maybe a close up of cook and Clarke playing a shot would have made more sense. Still better than nothing, hoping for more very soon and couple of good trailers to turn around all this negative feeling over the last 24 hours
i agree with you...after a long gap when trickstar announced a cricket game..every cricket gamer would expect a extraordinary game pertaining to present day games like fifa, nbk etc... but the AC 2013 screenshots got an average review....i hope atleast in the coming generation we would get a cricket game with perfect batting and bowling action along with gameplay, motion capture etc..i want cricket to be the best sports game ever [ it is a natural dream for every cricket fan]

ambar_hitman

Club Captain
I have never seen a person trying to catch a ball like that. Not saying the game will have those animations as they said they have used multiple cricketers for mo cap.

Yup. They chose the wrong guy, again. I hope they did mo-cap with other cricketeers too.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Hahaha... You really think they went out and hired the same guy to perform the EXACT same motion capture because they wanted to replicate similar movements for code they don't legally have ? I've officially heard it all...

You have footage of the motion capture session - you really think they would go to the effort of tracking down the same person from at least 4 or 5 years ago (some of their mocap apparently went back to BLIC05, which would have been in development 10 years ago) just to be able to have things look similar to the previous game they don't want to look the same as?

It's different!

...the mo-cap dude they used was also left handed.

I already told you the "mo-cap" guy is Chief* :spy

*Chief - "Mo-Cap" guy for cricket video games since 1993..

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Just for a reference point regarding the dumb 'Mo-Cap is the same' debate...

attachment.php

I've screengrabbed the most accurate angle I could get in my copy of AC09 during IN GAME sequence (ie, not cutscene). You can see clearly at the same point in the forward defensive shot it's a completely different animation from AC13. I think the elbow is dead giveaway...

Grass/Pitch are a lot duller in AC09 (same ground, Lords was captured). You'll also see things like the helmet grill are more defined and clearer in the new game, as opposed to the in-game grill - I'm running a pretty decent graphics card but we can't compare graphics as you could really only do that running the new game on my system... happy to oblige! :D

Pretty clear cut, to be honest. Think we can put this debate to bed.

EDIT:

I spelled straight wrong.... urrrghhh...

Attachments

• A to B Comparison.png
    A to B Comparison.png
    166.3 KB · Views: 248
Last edited:

vaibhavtewatia

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
^^Nice one there, seems AC09 was mo-capped by a tailender. :p

EDIT- New Zealander? Umm...Chris Martin maybe.

Last edited:

SibiNaayagam

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I've screengrabbed the most accurate angle I could get in my copy of AC09 during IN GAME sequence (ie, not cutscene). You can see clearly at the same point in the forward defensive shot it's a completely different animation from AC13. I think the elbow is dead giveaway...

Looks like he was gonna pee there. :facepalm

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
Since I ran through a few more animation examples, the mo-cap player in AC09 falls away to his right (our left looking at it) in most shots, when paused at the same time...The AC13 mo-cap looks to be more straight-on up and over the ball on the front-foot defense...

I can do more, but I don't think I need to. Case closed.

IMO.. The bat size in AC13 seems small, wheras I always thought the bats in AC09 were comedy-large but suited the cartoon aesthetic. Hoping it's just a poor angle on the AC13 bats, just a little smaller than you would expect that's all...

fiction

County Cricketer
Regarding the bats size issue,i think it's just a result of awkward camera angle.

Attachments

• pg-48-pietersen-reuters.png
    pg-48-pietersen-reuters.png
    53.5 KB · Views: 58

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
...Yeah, that's what I assume. The Camera is tilted ground-facing-up in the AC13 shots, where as in my comparison above I could only get god-view-facing down as a decent 1-to-1.

Nizamnitro

School Cricketer
You came back, please say hello to your brother from all of us, biggs is his number one fan.:thumbs[/QUOTE]

what on earth are saying?:mad

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread