FOOTBALL Football Manager Discussion

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hmmm, I'm not sure whether anybody here actually uses the editor or anything but I decided to create a new league competition for Liechtenstein and also recreated the Champions League and Europa League. There pretty much is no overlapping of the databases since I saved it before I added the nation/continental rules, then had one save with the added Liechtenstein rules and one for the updated Europe. Now when I go to select the editor data files, when either are selected on their own, they work fine but if I select them together, it comes up with problems with a lot of the European nations. Like it says for England "Require max of 20 teams for Premier divisions, found 21, require max of 22 teams for BSS, found 23" and for Liechtenstein, it says "require minimum of 10 teams, found 0".

I'm not sure what the problem could be though.

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
yeah, was tempted to but I thought it'd be a dull place this time of year and thought being fm12, it'd probably be ignored :p

Till Valhalla

ICC Chairman
The Boys
Profile Flag
Papua New Guinea
Hey I have created my own club but when I start the new game the chairman always changes.
Anybody can tell me why?

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
got the new one for my christmas.

it's good but there are a few things that irritate me which I hope will be picked up in the final patch which usually comes about march. The match engine when set pieces are taken is a mess, far too many goals scored from corners and whenever you score a freekick 99 times out of 100 the guy is waved offside.

finding the man management aspect quite tough and wouldn't mind that being made more forgiving but fair enough if they stick with it as it is.

mind you, I'm only into my fifth season and seeing as I started in the lower leagues in Scotland it's been part-time management I've been doing. Just accepted a contract at a premiership club now and the game may play quite differently at higher levels when the players are good enough to follow instructions properly.

Champagnepapi

ICC Board Member
Kings XI
Profile Flag
Canada
Has anyone tried the hand held manager on iOS?
Thinking of buying it, star rating seems good.

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
got the new one for my christmas.

it's good but there are a few things that irritate me which I hope will be picked up in the final patch which usually comes about march. The match engine when set pieces are taken is a mess, far too many goals scored from corners and whenever you score a freekick 99 times out of 100 the guy is waved offside.

finding the man management aspect quite tough and wouldn't mind that being made more forgiving but fair enough if they stick with it as it is.

mind you, I'm only into my fifth season and seeing as I started in the lower leagues in Scotland it's been part-time management I've been doing. Just accepted a contract at a premiership club now and the game may play quite differently at higher levels when the players are good enough to follow instructions properly.

The man management is quite easy to deal with once you get used to it, you just have to put up with a lot of winging players and don't promise anything you cannot offer.

The offsides from setpieces is infuriating but by setting up your setpieces correctly you can cut this down a little.

This is definitely the best FM and it's certainly not easy but you can get some fantastic football played if you set the tactics up the correct way.

ChinamanSpin

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
The match engine when set pieces are taken is a mess, far too many goals scored from corners
Whilst I agree with the offisde point, this bit can easily be countered by having 3 or 4 players zonally marking the six yard box. This even works at the lower levels for me.

Really enjoyed this one as ever. Started my new save as unemployed, got picked up by Conference Barnet near the bottom of the table, and after much tactical tweaking am just outside the playoffs in League Two. Really feel this is the first edition I properly need managerial skill (all virtual of course) to succeed, whereas most the previous games I could spam continue and be in the Premier League 10 seasons later.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
big improvement in the things I mentioned in the recent patch, only real match engine flaw I see now is that players too often choose to shoot from tight angles rather than pull the ball back.

still think players moan too much but that's part of the game, plus I think I was just too worried about causing a mutiny before, have found telling them to shut up and get on with their job surprisingly useful, so thanks for the advice cooks.

I am getting into it, planning, and in match tactical management really do play a part, you can't just attack for 90 minutes, you have to soak up pressure, frustrate the opponent and so on at different times. playing the same mentality and style for the whole game just won't work.

good times though, won the scottish league with Hearts and in our first outing in the champions league, to my utter shock if I'm honest, grabbed a 3-2 away win against Dortmund.

ParkedTheBus

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
Started a new save with Porto, with the aim of managing Chelsea, Inter and Real Madrid in the future :p Aim is to win the League and qualify for CL first knockout round. Bilbao defeated us in extra time in the second leg of qualificatio to win 3-2 on aggregate, so that is infuriating. Good start in the league, defeating Benfica 3-2. Jackson and Brahimi are my most important players at the moment, and Porto has got some really cool young players as well. Starting out with an experience of a regional footballer, as well as a UEFA B license.

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Who is excited for FM16? Seems like its going to be a top game!

Users who are viewing this thread