Group A (Australia, India, Pakistan, WI)

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Our bowling is the weakest of all. Thats my only worries. :facepalm Anyways staying positive and will keep my hopes up as long as Sachin bats. Somehow I feel, Windies are going to throw some surprises.

P

pcfan123

maybe in 20 overs the Windies would do well, but over 50, more mistakes and their inexperience will show.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Windies do have good record in Champions Trophy. Last time finalists right? I still remember how Gayle smashed McGrath but poor Windies collopsed. But Taylor's hattrick from nowhere in prelims still stays in my eyes.

i.e. Never underestimate West Indies. 2 times CT finalists( WI vs SA, WI vs Aus ) and 1 time winners ( WI vs Eng ).

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
West Indies also have this weird record of knocking out major teams out of Tournaments.

P

pcfan123

Windies do have good record in Champions Trophy. Last time finalists right? I still remember how Gayle smashed McGrath but poor Windies collopsed. But Taylor's hattrick from nowhere in prelims still stays in my eyes.

i.e. Never underestimate West Indies. 2 times CT finalists( WI vs SA, WI vs Aus ) and 1 time winners ( WI vs Eng ).

yes but this squad is hardly of international strength. I mean they were beaten by Bangladesh, and they arent even in the champions trophy

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Our fielding needs to bulk up and we need some changes in the middle order. Raina and Yusuf have to go, we can't afford liabilities in this tournament. Nayar will be my certain pick for the allrounders slot, and KKD by default in for Raina.

Virat Kohli
Sachin Tendulkar
Rahul Dravid
Yuvraj Singh
Dinesh Karthik
MS Dhoni
Abhishek Nayar
Harbhajan Singh
Prabeeeeeeeeeeeeen Kumar
Ishant Sharma
Arpy

KKD ahead of Raina? Are you out of your mind, Rohit? I know you love Karthik, but Raina has freaking done better (he took India to victory against NZ with Dhoni). He is a far far better fielder, and a very useful bowler too (we saw it today in the final)

saisrini80 added 2 Minutes and 29 Seconds later...

Our bowling is the weakest of all. Thats my only worries. :facepalm Anyways staying positive and will keep my hopes up as long as Sachin bats. Somehow I feel, Windies are going to throw some surprises.

Dont underestimate our bowling. I expect RP and either of Ishant or Nehra to fire up when we reach SA. For RP, he is entering his fort (SA has been very lucky for him with T20 WC-I and IPL-II). Also Ishant loves it when he gets good carry and bounce. Wasnt it in SA that Nehra rocked the English with that 6-23? Considering the conditions we are going into, I back our seamers to come good. Its our fielding that I am worried about. WHAT THE HELL HAS ROBIN SINGH DONE SO FAR IN HIS FIELDING STINT WITH INDIA? Why isnt the board sacking him and appoint some really good fielding coach (maybe from other countries)?

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
WHAT THE HELL HAS ROBIN SINGH DONE SO FAR IN HIS FIELDING STINT WITH INDIA? Why isnt the board sacking him and appoint some really good fielding coach (maybe from other countries)?

Don't bee too harsh. After all, he can only work with what he's got.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Never know which Pakistan team will turn up but they have beaten us already this year so it wouldn't surprise me if they did it again. And Pakistan always get up for India so at least we should get some good matches. I hope it doesn't come down to who smashed WI the most.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I think Australia-India will be really mouth watering this time, with Lee finding the form of his old. Sachin vs Lee (and/or) Yuvraj vs Lee will give fans a great battle to watch. The best thing about this Champions trophy is that they have made sure that the best games are definitely going to happen (India vs Pakistan and India vs Australia). I am signing up right now for live streaming of this tournament. Cant wait for both these games.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
I had a huge write up of why KKD should be in over Raina and the page refreshed and went away. :facepalm

I'll have it back up again soon, but my all-mighty wisdom is unquestionable as you probably already know. :p

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors

They're sending over their third XI.

Users who are viewing this thread