Group C - Kenya, New Zealand, Sri Lanka

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
New Zealand have already lost two wickets and they only scored 25 runs in the first five overs.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Previously, it seemed like Mubarak just didn't fit in at the top level, but off his innings against Kenya maybe he has to work on defence and middleground scoring. It seems like Mubarak can fit in nicely at no. 7 in the ODI team, with Arnold and Atapattu now gone. Sri Lanka's strong top order will provide many chances for him to play big shots at the death, albeit against reasonable bowlers he will have to settle for scoring at only 150...

NZ have been struggling against Sri Lanka's pace as expected, but can they capitalise beyond Vaas and Malinga? I feel McCullum opening is giving him too much credit, especially when someone like Fulton seems to have enough class to be more attacking and last longer. I have to admit I'd like to see Oram given a chance up the order; he is one player that is devastating when given time to get his eye in and his feet moving.

They're in freefall now. Way too many mistakes.

Last edited:

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
I don't understand why Maharoof isn't playing. He had a decent performance in the warm-up matches and is a good player for in this form of cricket.

New Zealand are building a fifty partnership and are now above 150 runs.

New Zealand managed to reach 164-7. It isn't a bad score. But New Zealand have to contain Jayasuriya then.

Last edited:

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Well, so far Jayasuriya has hit two fours in three balls against Bond.

manee

Chairman of Selectors
Although the speed gun did not show for the last four balls of his over, Bond is looking like he is bowling very quick. This either means lots of runs or lots of wickets but I am sure that Bond's spell with be a crowd favourite with both sets of fans...

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
It would have been better if Gillespie bowled against the openers instead of Martin. He did well in the previous match.

Tharanga and Jayasuriya just have hit Bond for 15 runs in the over. If Bond can't restrict runs, I don't know who can.

Last edited:

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Bond dropped the easiest catch of all. :laugh Jayasuriya was already walking off. And Gillespie got a nice welcome of 18 runs of his first over.

Tharanga is finally out.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Lets go Sirils!
I predict a thumping win for them, seeing bond's performance so far..
Maybe we can finally see an asian v asian final?

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
You should bowl the spinners up front in a T20 game when the fast bowlers are getting hammered. Bowling change of pace definitely upsets the rhythm of the batsmen as we have seen all through the competition.

If you bowl at one pace, you get clattered no matter what line and length you bowl. Change of pace is what deceives the batsmen and gives bowlers a chance to get wickets on these flat pitches.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Yeah, Bond was the most expensive bowler of New Zealand. And Sri Lanka slowed down in the end, but still they won it with comfort.

New Zealand 164/7 (20/20 ov)
Sri Lanka 168/3 (18.5/20 ov)

Sri Lanka won by 7 wickets (with 7 balls remaining)

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Sri Lanka look good, but they still haven't been tested with real competition while other teams have had some tougher games.

Even though, at the end of the day, it's all a toss-up between all the sides. Anybody can win the tournament.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Yeah, Jaya was awesome.
he too has gone over to the "RBK" club now. I thought he would never change from his Kookuburra! :\

Users who are viewing this thread