Group D - Ireland, Pakistan, West Indies, Zimbabwe

fire in the Pakistan and South Africa hotel! Not exactly what they needed.

manee said:
No, I do not wish to enter the discussion here but India's recent form and their players available are both much grater than Pakistan's.
Disagree here. India lost to South Africa 5-0 whereas Pakistan lost to them 3-1. West Indies lost to both India and Pakistan 3-1. Where's the difference?

I have to agree with Zahid here, they'll both start even.

Leicester Fox said:
fire in the Pakistan and South Africa hotel! Not exactly what they needed.
Thank God everyone's alright. This will put too much mental stress on Pakistan and from here a World Cup win looks unlikely. [/excuses]

Link to the Cricinfo article:

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/wc2007/content/current/story/284329.html

Haha! Only Afridi can everyone happy after this:

Afridi added: "I have no idea what happened. I had just woken up when the security man knocked on the door and said 'get out of the room'. But I went back to sleep. Then he knocked again, and said 'get out of the room'. Then I did and went downstairs."

Disagree here. India lost to South Africa 5-0 whereas Pakistan lost to them 3-1. West Indies lost to both India and Pakistan 3-1. Where's the difference?

Notice the second point. India have a full strength squad who are even with Pakistan full strength squad. But Pakistan lack Shoaib Akhtar and Mohammed Asif who are integral to their bowling attack.

Pak_cricketer said:
Haha! Only Afridi can everyone happy after this:

Lol (all I have to say).

manee said:
Notice the second point. India have a full strength squad who are even with Pakistan full strength squad. But Pakistan lack Shoaib Akhtar and Mohammed Asif who are integral to their bowling attack.

Lol (all I have to say).

I agree with that. Without Shoaib, more without Asif, Pakistan are severly behind, before the tournament has even started. Bowling is Pakistan's strongpoint, and this has hurt them, bad.
I guess they will have to now just buck-up on the batting.

Although I back Sehwag, I cannot see Afridi in any sort of Pakistan pitch unless playing on a belter.

manee said:
Although I back Sehwag, I cannot see Afridi in any sort of Pakistan pitch unless playing on a belter.

How are you comparing Sehwag to Afridi. When will people learn that Afridi's bowling is very good at One Day level.

Afridi for man of series in WI?

Actually, thats easily possible seeing as the pitches are West Indian, which can be compared to subcontient pitches.

And his bowling in ODIs is one of the very best

actually at the moment pakistan and india are even even without shoaib,razzaq and asif,

remember india 2005?
we had a bowling attack of sami,rana and rao.

same as we have now.
we may miss razzaq but mahmood is a capable replacement and with a shuffle th the batting roder we will easily cover razzaqs loss

manee said:
We didn't have Shoaib or Asif when we beat the West Indies 3-1. Back to square one.

Westindies vs Pakistan
Westindies will definitely win Gayle will be firing

nightprowler10 said:
We didn't have Shoaib or Asif when we beat the West Indies 3-1. Back to square one.
we didnt have shoaib and asif in 2005 too yet we beat india 4-2,

india still has the same batting order as do pakistan minus razzaq but he didnt do much in that series anyway

gambino said:
we didnt have shoaib and asif in 2005 too yet we beat india 4-2,

india still has the same batting order as do pakistan minus razzaq but he didnt do much in that series anyway
I don't think we can compare teams from two years ago and now. Just look at Rana Naved back then compared to now.

Users who are viewing this thread