Group D - Ireland, Pakistan, West Indies, Zimbabwe

Jesus Christ. Are the Pakistani fans on here ever going to realise that if you do drugs, whether you know you are doing them or not, it is still a long ban. Jesus Christ. You don't change the laws for two players just because they're your players, but like the Pakistani fans on here do all the time, they completely contradict themselves on an issue. It all changes when it's a Pakistani player who's in trouble, all of sudden, they didn't do it and it was a mistake. Grow up. Seriously.

And if you want my opinion. Shoaib knew what he was taking, and I frankly think that Asif did too. But he followed Shoaib. I think Ahktar led Asif astray.

woodywiss sa sa said:
Jesus Christ. Are the Pakistani fans on here ever going to realise that if you do drugs, whether you know you are doing them or not, it is still a long ban. Jesus Christ. You don't change the laws for two players just because they're your players, but like the Pakistani fans on here do all the time, they completely contradict themselves on an issue. It all changes when it's a Pakistani player who's in trouble, all of sudden, they didn't do it and it was a mistake. Grow up. Seriously.

And if you want my opinion. Shoaib knew what he was taking, and I frankly think that Asif did too. But he followed Shoaib. I think Ahktar led Asif astray.

ok... moving on..

The first warm-up starts today VS Canada right?

Pakistan have not got their right start to this tournament especially Afridi was dismissed for nothing. So they really have to work hard if they had to make it to the finals.

I somehow feel that Windies wud be making it to finals.

I am probably going to eat my words but Pakistan will be lucky to advance past the group stages the way they played against South Africa.

As I said in my World Cup preview, I feel Pakistans best chance of winning the tournament is if they are poor for as long as is possible yet still scrape into the semis. If they do that I reckon they'll win it.

They need to rely on the God like batting of Mohammed Yousef to do that.

manee said:
I am probably going to eat my words but Pakistan will be lucky to advance past the group stages the way they played against South Africa.
if thats the case than india wont even get past the group stages too,
the match conditions are more suited to asian teams in windies

well pakistan recovered well to make 273-8 in 48overs but Canada are off to a blistering start...64-1 they are now...with naved gettin the wicket but goin for 43 in 7 overs...the bowling has seriously got to improve...Gul is doin rather well on his return...4 overs he's bowled and only gone for 11 runs...

gambino said:
if thats the case than india wont even get past the group stages too,
the match conditions are more suited to asian teams in windies

No, I do not wish to enter the discussion here but India's recent form and their players available are both much grater than Pakistan's.

manee said:
No, I do not wish to enter the discussion here but India's recent form and their players available are both much grater than Pakistan's.
so cos pakistan got beat by south africa closer to the world cup then they have less chance than india?

Both these countries were beaten by a great ODI team, so both start on equal terms.

manee said:
They need to rely on the God like batting of Mohammed Yousef to do that.

Just to say, in world Cup we can't rely on 1 player, it has to be 11 playing like a "team".

Users who are viewing this thread