Group D - Ireland, Pakistan, West Indies, Zimbabwe

usy said:
Lame, the whole world cup now for me :(, anyways the good thing is that if Asif & Akhtar would have played, we would have won (more then 50% chance), but later we would have been blamed for cheating, so one way it's good IMO.

Ahh,well the former Pakistani captain Rameez Raja wants Asif and Shoaib to apologize to the nation.Wonder how that would help though ?

its actually very annoying that whenever a pakistani team seems to be reaching its best and about to dominate world cricket some sort of problem arises

I agree, man Thanks to bob who bough Asif back after the really bad debut in Australia, at some point he will dominate the World of Cricket. Any way it would have been his first WC, poor lad, I feel more for him then Akhtar.

Some one said this gives Zimbabwe a chance let me clear we aint got that of a trobble!

we are still a very good team
heck have people already forgotten that we beat a full strength sri lanka in icc trophy without shoaib, asif and "INZI"

inzi is more valuable than razzaq so if we beat lanka when they were the top favourites and in top form then you cannot write us off just cos the difference from that match is an out of form razzaq

sure we will miss his big hitting but we have enough in the lower order to cover razzaqs big hitting anyway

Last edited:
Yeah, but there's a difference between beating Sri Lanka once and being a World Cup threat. In the CT, Pakistan were unable to beat New Zealand, who went on to the finals. Consistency is key.

they failed to beat nz cos they collapsed in the batting
if they had inzi there then they could have chased it down

also not to mention the shocker of a run out akmal missed when styris was in single figures
he went on to make 70 odd

well you said it yourself havnt you... the thing we need is consistency from all the players.... somedays our batting click and ou bowling collapses and if our bowling clicks the our batting maskes us suffer....

CONSISTENCY IS MUST for any team to dominate the world cricket

Exactly. There's no point saying how a team can beat any other team. They can all do it, that's how ODIs work. The whole purpose of the World Cup, the design of the tournament is so that teams make it to the finals not on the weight of one victory against the best team, but on the weight of many wins against a variety of opponents.

hassan said:
lol atleast it will save them being banned for year

Which is ridiculous. They should never have had their bans overturned in the first place. We can only hope that WADA's appeal is successful and they get banned.

Spot on Stevie. I'm still seething that they got let off the hook despite testing positive for a banned substance. Just really gets on my ticker that they got off scott-free.

Users who are viewing this thread