Group D - Ireland, Pakistan, West Indies, Zimbabwe

Without Asif, i don't see Pakistan going very far, let alone without Shoaib.
Rana to be sharing the new ball with Gul for me, Sami's just been letting Pak down time after time..Bad move IMO in bringing Sami in. I'm not much of a follower of Pakistan domestic cricket but I wouldn't have minded another batsman to add to the fray, with Razzaq being out and the line up not looking too good on paper. Its all going to be on the shoulders of Inzy and MoYo, with Afridi being as unpredictable as earthquakes. Younis Khan will also share a fair bit of the responsibility, but I havn't seen him play that much and from what i've heard he's not an astounding ODI batsman.
If Pakistan were in the group with SL and Bangladesh right now, I bet they wouldn't have made it to the 8's.

wow what a big below for pakistan! both the players injured lmaooo...lemme tell u guyz thats a lie! they both alright buh they failed the drug tests and pak cric board dont want to expose that to the world so they just made an excuse that the both of the players are injured.

Pak_cricketer said:
Its still not that bad. Our bowlers are still very good when you see their ODI averages.

They are good but they look like they could concede a big one on a flat pitch like the first ODI against SA.

A big blow.
Completely dented their chances,they will go to the Super 8's bu thereafter they will really have to slog it out.

Well it's probably the usual hit and miss for them once again. If their bowling click they could make the semis but it will be tough for them. Kaneria will be a key through the middle overs for them if he plays.

With all Pakistan's problems i think Ireland are more then capable of pulling off a shock. The only place Ireland struggles is with its seam bowling. In the WCL the opening bowlers were way too expensive at the start of the innings and even more so at the death! The batting line is the strongest below test level and as the captain Trent Johnston said, "we can beat any team as long as we bat first".

FFS this is turning into a shambles. Kick the cheating scum out of the World Cup, this has gone on for far too god damn long.

f1dan said:
The batting line is the strongest below test level and as the captain Trent Johnston said, "we can beat any team as long as we bat first".

Don't know about that, they would probably be better of chasing given their bowling is the strongest and I suspect they would need 400 for their bowlers to defend.

id also like the say that the PCB did some good to cricket by testing their own players without the ICC asking them, i mean when was the last time Australia or England got tested who knows if they might be taking steroids. but everything that the PCB has done since has been disapointing.

This talk about PAK struggling to get through to the 8ths is ridicolous... i mean ok no Asif, Akhtar or Razzaq but there is more than enough talent in the squad to atleast make it to teh 8ths if not toppng the group....

Dare said:
id also like the say that the PCB did some good to cricket by testing their own players without the ICC asking them, i mean when was the last time Australia or England got tested who knows if they might be taking steroids. but everything that the PCB has done since has been disapointing.
The ECB are signatories to UK Sport's anti-doping policy, and hence all English players are subject to random out of competition testing.

Lame, the whole world cup now for me :(, anyways the good thing is that if Asif & Akhtar would have played, we would have won (more then 50% chance), but later we would have been blamed for cheating, so one way it's good IMO.

But as a Pakistani Fan who does'nt give a damn, Oh god we're in trobble.

usy said:
Lame, the whole world cup now for me :(, anyways the good thing is that if Asif & Akhtar would have played, we would have won (more then 50% chance), but later we would have been blamed for cheating, so one way it's good IMO.

But as a Pakistani Fan who does'nt give a damn, Oh god we're in trobble.

dont worry we will still win, Pakistan performs much better when our backs are against the wall and when millions and millions of fans are hoping they will

aussie1st said:
Don't know about that, they would probably be better of chasing given their bowling is the strongest and I suspect they would need 400 for their bowlers to defend.

not unless we are playing against the aussies

Well really now i come to think of it... i really believe that the whole Asif n Akhtar injury saga is just because they are positive to the drug test and PCB do not want that to be shown so they have covered it up and this also means they wont be getting banned...

cric_craze said:
not unless we are playing against the aussies

That was directed at Ireland mainly, but against SA, NZ and maybe Aus teams probably will need 400 if the results in NZ are anything to go by.

hassan said:
Well really now i come to think of it... i really believe that the whole Asif n Akhtar injury saga is just because they are positive to the drug test and PCB do not want that to be shown so they have covered it up and this also means they wont be getting banned...

Most suspect that, they have at least paid the price by not being able to go to the WC but there test results still should be given to the ICC if they have tested positive.

Users who are viewing this thread