Group D - Ireland, Pakistan, West Indies, Zimbabwe

yea but back than they had Imran as the leader, as good as Inzi is hes no Imran when it comes to captancy, and also better bowlers and now they might not even have Asif & Akhtar.

"I am simply devastated. One moment we are practicing and planning for the big tournament and next moment doctors tell me I am out of it," Razzaq told agencies.
Yet the actual incident of GETTING INJURED seems to have completely and utterly slipped his mind.

"Razzaq suffered the injury during practice and we suspect it may be ligament damage or even a fracture. He is out for three weeks," PJ Mir, the media manager of the Pakistan Cricket Board, told Cricinfo
Well they're two dramatically different things, rather hard to confuse. I'm sure you'd be able to tell.

Worst cover up ever Pakistan, you'd think after this many you'd be good at them. Razzaq failed a drug test, admit it.

Worst cover up ever Pakistan, you'd think after this many you'd be good at them. Razzaq failed a drug test, admit it.[/QUOTE]

Well leave Razzaq alone, they won't even admit that Shoaib and Asif's drug problems. Giving some B.S. excuse of injury for them not taking the dope test.

How come everyone has taken the test except these two? The squad is already gone to the WI while these two are stille trying the clean-up their "juiced" up bodies.

Pak authorities need to just admit to the dope test failures and pick someone else.

If we had our full strength squad without the injuries ... our bowling attack could have ripped anyone apart... i am more than happy with our middle order.. its the openers i am worried about... they always fail and put the team under pressure...

You cant ask for a better Pace Attack in : Asif , AKhtar and Gul (with Naved-ul-Hassan and Rao ifftikhar in bakups)
We defo need a full time quality spinner like Saqlain... we miss his quality in the ODI's

even without akhtar,asif and razzaq this team looks very good

guess this will be the team for the 1st 2 matches if akhtar and asif dont make it back

hafeez* replaced by afridi when he comes back so have akmal open
nazir
younis
inzi(he has said he will bat at 4)
yousuf
malik
akmal
mahmood
rana
gul
sami

It doesn't look bad Gambino, but I would definately not be as confident with Sami and Rana as two of your frontline bowlers, as opposed to Akhtar and Asif!

I'm backing Sami over Rana any day! He's just a personal favorite. :) His One-day record isn't half bad.

But if he screws up this opportunity :mad

puddleduck said:
It doesn't look bad Gambino, but I would definately not be as confident with Sami and Rana as two of your frontline bowlers, as opposed to Akhtar and Asif!

every player has a bad run
but most never have had a bad run like rana has had this year
he is one of the best odi bowlers in the world when hes on form and going by his rep
but 1 thing is that he always rises to the occasion when pakistan needs him the most

I think he is a good bowler, but I'm not sure he's good enough to lead an attack. If Shoaib and Asif are playing he is a very good 3rd/4th bowler to come on, but if he is one of your main two he suddenly looks a bit weaker. He'll certainly need to show some great mental strength to put his poor run of form behind him and fire on the biggest stage.

Perhaps his tournament will be decided by one of his first two games. A good performance and he might kick on from there, but if he gets another hammering or two, especially against a Minnow, he might struggle to find his confidence.

Definitely not as strong as it would be with Asif and Ahktar. That bowling lineup could go for a biggie on a flat pitch against a good batting side.

Without Akhtar,Aisf,Razaq :eek: its definately tough job for Pakistan to win the World Cup :(

Please tell me I'm still asleep and that I'm watching Sky Sports News in a dream on a Thursday morning in my bed! No, I'm awake! I've heard some antics but this latest one by the PCB takes the cake. I hope the ICC decides to test these two cheats now and punishes the PCB because this is a farce.

Are Asif and Akhter playing or not?

That sucks if their not, simply to add some competition I'd want them to play...

Punk Sk8r! said:
Are Asif and Akhter playing or not?

That sucks if their not, simply to add some competition I'd want them to play...

No :noway They are out of World Cup ,and with them Razaq also :(

Ahhh man that is bloody......argh thats just crap oh well then :happy to Pakistan.....:(

Well In 1992 Waqar was out of it and Pakistan won, but I doubt that is going to happen now, 1992 team was pure class...

Users who are viewing this thread