Group D - Ireland, Pakistan, West Indies, Zimbabwe

andrew_nixon said:
They didn't win the Aussies, but they did beat them in a match.

I don't know where you get the idea that Kepler Wessels played for Zimbabwe. The hero in that match for Zimbabwe was Duncan Fletcher. Whatever happened to him?
was just about to say that,
took 4 wickets and hit a fifty

andrew_nixon said:
They didn't win the Aussies, but they did beat them in a match.

I am Confused now.. aren't " they beat Aussies in that match" & " they Won the Aussies that match " the same :what

andrew_nixon said:
I don't know where you get the idea that Kepler Wessels played for Zimbabwe.

If i remember right, Wessels did play for two teams... I remember reading this in a sports magazine so called " Sportstar " under world cup specials column. Or by anychance he was in Aussie squad that match?

Yeah as u said, Fletcher was the another name mentioned in that magazine. I remember reading both Fletcher & Wessels performed well in that! I will try to find out the exact info soon as i read that in my college :) But it was the first match mentioned under " Biggest Upsets in WCup " in that magazine!

surendar said:
I am Confused now.. aren't " they beat Aussies in that match" & " they Won the Aussies that match " the same :what
No. They won the Aussies would mean that they won the Aussies as a prize.

surendar said:
If i remember right, Wessels did play for two teams... I remember reading this in a sports magazine so called " Sportstar " under world cup specials column. Or by anychance he was in Aussie squad that match?

Yeah as u said, Fletcher was the another name mentioned in that magazine. I remember reading both Fletcher & Wessels performed well in that! I will try to find out the exact info soon as i read that in my college :) But it was the first match mentioned under " Biggest Upsets in WCup " in that magazine!
Wessels played for Australia and South Africa.

i think Pak are gonna whiz past the group stages...gonna come first easily and WI second...Zim and Ire don't stand a chance...for me anyways...

cric_craze said:
pAKISTAN IS GOING TO WIN THIS GROUP
* cough cough * :rolleyes: thye do have a good chance but Zimababwe are gonna be pumped up.
i am going for minnows this world cup.

The only real match in this group is going to be Pakistan vs West Indies - Zimbabwe Cricket is in diastrates, seems to get worse and worse everyday, and Ireland is a complete joke to be honest.

Sooo, easy progress for Pakistan to be honest (or WI)

zMario said:
and Ireland is a complete joke to be honest.

Bit harsh on Ireland, they've improved massively over the last 5 years, hopefully they can keep up the same rate of progress and all their best players don't just leave them and play for England :p

They can't be that much of a joke if they produced a current ODI opening batsman ;)

They are a minnow don't see what more you expect from them especially considering they aren't even a Test playing nation.

Users who are viewing this thread