Group D - Ireland, Pakistan, West Indies, Zimbabwe

andrew_nixon said:
If it wasn't for Ireland's poor performance in the WCL, I'd have picked them as the best chance of an associate getting throught to the Super 8.
You use the word poor. I use the work unlucky. They still did very well with the bat. If they can score well in thier group matches, well some sort of a contest is enough.

Oh please please please Ireland beat Mugabe's XI

Ireland should beat Zimbabwe, but I doubt they'll come close to beating the Windies and Pakistan.

Clearly the frost match in this group will see who will be first and who will be second in the group. But as unpredictable Pakistan are, I will just shut my mouth. :p

Ireland do have a good team should at least come out of this group with a win over Zimbabwe but it'll be a tight one. As long as the right WI and Pakistan turn up they should qualify through this group.

The only problem is these two minnows aren't the best to exploit that unpredictability. If a Bangladesh or Kenya were in here then we could well see an upset.

I am looking forward to the Pakistan vs West Indies. But Pakistan's form isn't really good at this moment.

Pakistan will do well in the World Cup.
All depends upon how Danish Kaneria is used there.
If used properly,they should go to the semis.
As far as Pak v Win is concerned its a tough call right now.

ZexyZahid said:
But Pakistan's form isn't really good at this moment.

Don't go by the results of the South Africa series.
The conditions there are very different than those that would be encountered by the teams in the Carribbean.

WI will be tops in this one, Zim's going to be out. I feel they'll get thrashed vs WI (don't quote me on this), Dwayne Bravo playing a role ;)
I'd love to see Asif on Caribbean pitches though.

good news for shoaib akhtar though
he should be fit in 3 weeks
would love to see another shoaib vs lara and this is our last chance to see it but who knows
i guess we might never have an oppurtunity to see the AAG attack ever

Cricketman93 said:
WI will be tops in this one, Zim's going to be out. I feel they'll get thrashed vs WI (don't quote me on this), Dwayne Bravo playing a role ;)
I'd love to see Asif on Caribbean pitches though.
i reckon WI will choke at home and it will be Zimbabwe who top there list with WI and Pak to fight it out for 2nd

Lowest Total Defended
Country Score
Zimbabwe 135
thats a pretty good effort although it was probably against a team like canada though :p

Feelin Blue? said:
i reckon WI will choke at home and it will be Zimbabwe who top there list with WI and Pak to fight it out for 2nd

Lowest Total Defended
Country Score
Zimbabwe 135
thats a pretty good effort although it was probably against a team like canada though :p

Man I dont thing Pakistan or west Indies are having that bad of a time, even Australia struggled in South Africa and Africans are on top of ODI ranking now?, the point is we've just lost to the best country in ODI ATM. so it ain't going that far for sure? :p

Users who are viewing this thread