Group D - Ireland, Pakistan, West Indies, Zimbabwe

usy said:
Man I dont thing Pakistan or west Indies are having that bad of a time, even Australia struggled in South Africa and Africans are on top of ODI ranking now?, the point is we've just lost to the best country in ODI ATM. so it ain't going that far for sure? :p
you have pakistan as your team yet you have an avatar of kaif?

Should be easy for Pakistan and WI to go through, expect some Afridi fireworks against minnows.

usy said:
Man I dont thing Pakistan or west Indies are having that bad of a time, even Australia struggled in South Africa and Africans are on top of ODI ranking now?, the point is we've just lost to the best country in ODI ATM. so it ain't going that far for sure? :p
i have a feeling a lesser team will make the semis! and Zimbabwe are a good side, i haven't seen much of pak lately but they have been getting smashed by what i saw, but i think the WI will choke and not make it, Pak and Zimbabwe will be through

Feelin Blue? said:
i have a feeling a lesser team will make the semis! and Zimbabwe are a good side, i haven't seen much of pak lately but they have been getting smashed by what i saw, but i think the WI will choke and not make it, Pak and Zimbabwe will be through
How?, lesser teams are gonna get smashed even more with average hungry batters.

Feelin Blue? said:
kenya made the super 8's last year and zim did too
Thanks to England quitting some games and South Africa getting unlucky with rain.

Zimbabwe was stronger when they had Flower brothers, Streak, Goodwin,Wishart, Brandes, Johnson.. etc! But the current Zim team is very weak..All they can try is to play some competetive cricket.

Windies do have a advantage becos of home conditions. They might make their way into the finals also ;)

siddharth2002 said:
Thanks to England quitting some games and South Africa getting unlucky with rain.

Yes.. but not to full extent though... Kenya did play well against Lankans and also against Aussies! Even in semi finals, India wud have lost without Ganguly's knock in semis. India were clearly struggling initially when they came to chance. So the attitude they(Kenya) displayed must be a appreciated one! :)

siddharth2002 said:
whose to say there wont be rain this tournament ;)
Yes Zimbabwe are weaker, they were stronger in the 80's too!
but i want to see them making it into the semis, i believe it will be good for cricket

Naa, at least not this time, all usual 8 teams should reach super 8 and then its simply an ICC Champions from there on.

If i remember right, one of the biggest upsets caused by Zimbabwe is winning Aussies in 83 World Cup which was due to heroic performance by K.Wessels for Zimbabwe! :)

yea i wasn't there in the 80's but reading steve waughs book and he was saying how strong zimbabwe were in the 80's i think they won a series against australia, they were a challenge for all top teams but as technology grew and equipment improved unfortunatley Zimbabwe couldn't keep up and got left behind.

surendar said:
If i remember right, one of the biggest upsets caused by Zimbabwe is winning Aussies in 83 World Cup which was due to heroic performance by K.Wessels for Zimbabwe! :)
They didn't win the Aussies, but they did beat them in a match.

I don't know where you get the idea that Kepler Wessels played for Zimbabwe. The hero in that match for Zimbabwe was Duncan Fletcher. Whatever happened to him?

Users who are viewing this thread