Group D - Ireland, Pakistan, West Indies, Zimbabwe

Adarsh said:
I know this is controversial, but my dodgy mind is thinking Matchfixing....?
Oh please. An associate does a half decent job and they're match fixing. You don't see match fixing accusations when a giant killing is made in football.....

Karachi Xpress said:
Football is a different game!
I know. To think that Ireland are match fixing just because they are doing well against a depleted and out of form team though is utterly ridiculous.

Its not match fixing! Its clear that Pakistan is a team which doesnt deserve to be a Test playing team! Just coz they have won a World Cup doesnt mean that they should be a test team!

I'm being honest here, I told every Pakistan fan in my class a few days ago (Just before the weekend) that Pakistan will lose this. And I was serious. Ireland are a very fit, very efficient, very consistent side. Pakistan are not. Either they would thrash Ireland by a hughe margin, or more likely, lose.

I think its a mix of both things.No planning from Pakistan and very good competitive cricket from Ireland.

dare I say it... the absence of 2 prominent bowlers might seal pakistan's fate.
Lucky for the Irish, guinness doesn't get flagged.

I speak too soon. Bray is gone. That is a pretty important wicket...

sorrydaijin said:
dare I say it... the absence of 2 prominent bowlers might seal pakistan's fate.
Lucky for the Irish, guinness doesn't get flagged.

I speak too soon. Bray is gone. That is a pretty important wicket...
But they batted poorly.Asif and Akhtar are bowlers not batsman.

Sorry, I have no basis for my claims. It's just my ridiculous thinking. Anyway, if it was match fixing, it would be Pakistan not Ireland as it was Pakistan who collapsed. Anyway I don't think it is.

true. but this pitch would be perfect for asif and shoaib could blast away Ireland *IF* he were having a good day.
Anyway, its all meaningless speculation. even if ireland and bangladesh lose today, I think they have certainly justified the presence of countries outside the top 8.

Users who are viewing this thread